Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus Zetec S Daytime Running Lights???

Martxxxxxxx

Hi, forum members.

I have ordered a new 1.6 ford focus ecoboost, and waiting for its delivery. I was wondering do they come with DRL's or will i have to purchase them separately. Been trying to find the answer searching the internet. I am aware they are mandatory, from 2011 just haven't seen a focus with them switched on, hence the question.

Many thanks

Unless they have updated for 2013 , then only the Titanium X and ST3 with Bi-Xenon have the DRL's

Mandatory DRL's were not fitted as standard to the Focus becasue the Ful design was release prior to the DRL advisory law came into force.

I've only seen one zetec s on what looks like a Irish plate with DRL's

Thanks for the reply, just think its something Ford should be providing in any car released after it became Mandatory, rather than wait for a totally new design. Will source new ones, still undecided what type, the wolfs teeth type or the horizontal ones. Thanks again.

Thanks Foci, was that a southern irish plate, as i have seen fome focus's badged differently down there too, with the "S" badge and no econetic badge.

Not sure of where it was from, I've seen it on my way to work in Buckingham and the plate is not of normal uk format

personally its time to scrap the blooming things theyre a nuisance and nothing more if there purpose was to improve safety then they would be installed with a light sensor that detects poor ambient light and switches them on since this is what they were designed for all they have done is encourage numpties to drive with fogs on all the time or drls that are way way too bright save the money mate and be original by not following the pack

• Like 1

AFAIK the new ST definitely has DRL as standard but as to which build levels of the standard MK3 have them I can't say.

I am sure that I've seen a MK3 recently fitted with them though.

Hi Martxxxxxxx

I can confirm that it doesn't come with DRL. I've picked mine 63 plate Zetec S on 10th September and it didn't have it.

All the best for your new car though

• 1 year later...

Looking for help got a ford focus edge 2011 wanting to get day light running lights for them any recommendations thanks

Looking for help got a ford focus edge 2011 wanting to get day light running lights for them any recommendations thanks

Is it a mk3? If yes then there are a few different options available on eBay for the mk3 and also from Ford Parts. You can get them intergrated in the bumper triangle sections and they are also available as a fog light/DRL dual light unit.

• Like 1

Think so it the new shape with triangle inserts their ones on eBay for £40 but come from china been told not to touch them

Think so it the new shape with triangle inserts their ones on ebay for £40 but come from china been told not to touch them

Genuine Ford ones on eBay Ford outlet-

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK3-Day-Time-Running-Lights-LED-DRL-New-1746355-/171484692854?nav=SEARCH

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club