Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tint

Luke Fletcher

Evening,

I was wondering what you think on this.

I want to tint my fiesta windows but not sure if I should only have the 3 rear windows done or them and the two front side windows as well. I don't want it to look silly by not having the front ones done too.

What's your opinion?

Luke

It's actually illegal to have the front windows tinted

Front side windows will already be up to the legal tint level so are best left alone unless you want attention of the blue light kind.

On the rears you can go as dark as you like but I'd advise fitting reversing sensors unless you like replacing rear bumpers on a regular basis.

Well,

It isn't illegal to have them tinted but they need to comply with the below:

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

Sauce: Direct gov. I also work in insurance.

But for the sake of a slight tint thinking about it I don't know if it sis worth the extra 70 quid. Films that allow 80% light through are available but looking at a scale it don't really make much different I don't think.

Luke

• Like 1

I have just my rear windows done as dark as they can go and I don't have any problems having to replace my bumpers ;) lol haven't even got sensors lol

As stoney said the majority of front side windows are already tinted to the legal maximum and tinting them anymore can cause visibility problems on dark evenings, stoney is a policeman so I'd take his advice on board :)

Oh really, well if that's the case then I'm just having the rear ones done, just a bit concerned It will look silly but I don't think it will with what you said. I'd be looking to go for limo dark too.

As I said I've only got my rears done and it looks smart, why not fit front tinted wind deflectors? That takes the focus off the front glass not being as dark as the rear

My fiancé is a police officer too so I know to make sure I am within legalities lol.

I'm sure we all think of our selves of great parker's so who needs parking sensors lol.

Thanks for you advice guys, you saved me 70 quid :) muchly appreciated

Wind deflectors are a good idea too. But again I'm unsure of the look they will give the car. I am fussy with my car and it needs to look right. I hate the modified look. I like more of a classic look but stylish if that makes sense. Especially with fiestas I think they look awesome when modified well.

Anyone got wind deflectors here?

Wind deflectors IMO look fairly decent plus they're good when it's raining to allow you to have the window open slightly and not have to worry about rain getting in/helps to reduce wind noise. Personally I don't think they make the car look too modified. My grandads even fitted them after seeing mine lol

Coolio, I'll get the windows tinted and then I will get some deflectors. £80 for my windows so all is well :)

I did look on fords and eBay for WD and they are like 40 quid so I'll do some shopping about. Any ideas where I could look?

That's awesome mate, love grandparents. Totally awesome.

Thank you.

£31. I'll wait for tints to be done then I'll get some :).

You have all been a grate help and thank you so much :)

Luke

Sauce: Direct gov. I also work in insurance.

I prefer HP or BBQ ;)

I had limo tint on the rear 3 windows & wind deflectors

544050_10151584715953438_327504548_n.jpg

O haha, spelling isn't my forte as you can tell lol.

That looks cool pal. I'm defo going to get some wind deflectors. Looks quite good.

Silly question but does the rear window being tinted affected the heated back windscreen?

Luke

Cool. 23 nov booked in for :). £80. Bargain

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club