Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Alloys

Luke Fletcher

Hey,

i am looking for a set of 17 inch alloys for my fiesta (as only a style plus only got steel rims) but eBay im not having much luck and from ford it is like £400. i dont mind if they are second hand but anyone got any ideas as to where i could get some from or anyone selling a set lol reletivly cheap. i would prefer the titainium alloys but i would settle for the zetec ones lol if i had to :P

im thinking going to a scrap yard or somewhere they stores cars to sell for parts and see what i can find.

any help would be appreciated.

If you carnt find any good ones on eBay id go scrapies m8 but be carful some mk7 alloys have been known to buckle if a feather touches them, thats why i went for momo aftermarkets

Hey Pal,

cheers for the advice. i may go see on the weekend. oh really, well ill keep my steel ones just incase that happened so i can just replace them lol.

Thats alright, i think it was only a batch of a year of the mk7 alloys that are subject to this, if you flick through the forum there is a big topic about this a lot of u happy fiesta owners, always handy to

Ive been through this and have gone through the traitorous process of having the mk7 set of alloys I bought being buckled.

If you just do your research before buying and take care when driving you should be fine though. I also found that when buying genuine Ford alloys you had to be on the ball with all the second hand ones because they sell quickly. I remember emailing every person/ scrap yards add I came across. Before purchasing you should role any alloys on a flat surface with no tire on to see if they are buckled. Otherwise take them to a tire guy and get them to spin them to check. This might be extra work but definitely worth it in the long run!

It'll be a bit of work but once you find what you are looking for, and get them on your car - you will get a little warm glow inside every time you see your car! :P

cheers guys i will take a look at them when im home (in work ATM and cant access sites that can buy things on lol)

can i simply put 17's on my car, got 15's at the moment? steel wheels.

i know, im getting my windows tinted next month so trying to make it look like a spec up lol. nothing major lol.

i will defo do research and defo ensure there is no buckle in the set that i buy. is there any obvious sign i would see that they are buckled when i look at a set??

You will need your speedo recalibrated as its set for 15's and id go have a look at the set and give them a little roll again and look for any egging motion, ask about any bumps or knocks to the wheels as well

Any idea how much recalibration cost mate? Shall I go ford or local garage?

no idea m8 and ford i would guess i dont know m8

Sounds good Luke, I did the same thing to my Fiesta and the subtle changes makes it look really good.

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/,

If you chuck your tire sizes into the calculator it will tell you how much your speedo will be out by with the change. I went from 195-50-15's to 195-45-16 I had a change of 1km/h so didn't bother changing it. It is also worth keeping in mind that there is usually some speedo error from factory. I know I have 5% at 100km/h, so on my old tires when i did 105km/h on the speedo I was doing 100km/h and with my new alloys when i do 105km/h on my speedo im doing 101km/h.

Also please check your wheel arch clearance the amount of boy racers i see round my way with 100000inch alloys and had to cut there wheels arches out is stupid

I went from 15" zetec alloys to 17" ST170 alloys on my old MK 1 Focus. The difference was so small in terms of the speedo accuracy that it didn't worry me and as Hjalmar says; I think it actually made it more accurate. With regards to the rubbing on the arches you are normally ok to go up a couple of sizes, especially if they were fitted to another model. For example, the MK1 Focus would take up to 19" wheels (tyre size dependant) so in theory you could go from a 15" all the way up to a 19" on that model although the ride would probably be shocking! I didn't the ride getting much worse when I went to 17's but I think 17's are a nice compromise between looks and comfort.

yeah i will make sure, but as you say im assuming it will be ok becuase titainiums have 17s on them dont they and im sure they are ok. or is there a difference in design on lower specs??

oh thats ok then, i will get it checked to make sure becuase i dont want to be caught on with speed cameras and things but thank you for the advice. much appreciated. daft question but will there be a difference in drive going up 2"'s then. i didnt think there would but actually thinking about it now i assume there would be as there is bigger tires on the car.

can i ask for your opinion on something. i am in the middle of thinking of buying a set of black spanner type 17" alloys alloys. do you think they will suit the colour of my car(as per my pic). i dont want it to look silly. i am getting ym windows tinted to limo shade next month so im hoping it will match if i do buy them. what you think?

yeah i will make sure, but as you say im assuming it will be ok becuase titainiums have 17s on them dont they and im sure they are ok. or is there a difference in design on lower specs??

oh thats ok then, i will get it checked to make sure becuase i dont want to be caught on with speed cameras and things but thank you for the advice. much appreciated. daft question but will there be a difference in drive going up 2"'s then. i didnt think there would but actually thinking about it now i assume there would be as there is bigger tires on the car.

can i ask for your opinion on something. i am in the middle of thinking of buying a set of black spanner type 17" alloys alloys. do you think they will suit the colour of my car(as per my pic). i dont want it to look silly. i am getting ym windows tinted to limo shade next month so im hoping it will match if i do buy them. what you think?

I doubt Ford would make a different body/arch for different models as it would not be cost effective for them so if they are from a titanium I would imagine they would go straight on. In terms of drive I would say it will be a little firmer but with standard suspension I wouldn't think there would be all that much difference; certainly not too bad. Perhaps see if you can find someone else with a fiesta and 17" wheels who can give you a spin?

With regards to black wheels I have my Focus ST wheels done in gloss black (and I have window tints) and I haven't looked back! The only thing I do notice is that they look amazing when they are clean but the dirt does show up and they get a kind of matt look on there but overall I would definitely recommend black. Some people love it and some people hate it though!

thats true, you make a good point. would just be eaiser to put smaller wheels wouldnt it lol than redesign the arch hehe. well, im ok with firmer if it will make the car look good :).

unfortunately i dont know anoyone with a set, or a fiesta infact lol. but, if i dont like it i could always resell them.

your cay does look awesome mate, my fiance has that focus in black as well and they are good cars, wouldnt want to modify that tho. it s titainium and looks good already :). panther black and looks stunning.

yeah, i think its done. i think i will defo try and get a black set. i think it will look ace!

i clean it every week so i think it wont have time to get dirty hehe!!

I think black will look great with your blue colour and tie in nicely with the window tint. Ive been considering getting mine sprayed a matte gunmetal grey, I just havent gotten around to it.

If you want to try a Fiesta with 17's maybe check some local car yards and see if they have one? Be a 'potential buyer' and take it for a test drive ;)

I found going from 15's to 16's the ride is a little bit firmer but nothing to complain about, I think it is a good trade off and feel that it has made the whole driving experience a little sportier!

There might be a slight change in diameter going up the two inches but if you wanted to minimise the difference just go for a lower profile tire, I went from a 50 profile to a 45 and there was just a slight change in diameter. But if there are other Fiesta's within the range that have 17's as standard I would assume the speedo calibration would allow for that from factory

I think it would look alright too..cheers for your advice :).

I do like that grey but they are so hard to find on the net for sale.

Good idea lol. I think I'll just get a set lol, I'm sure they'll be ok :).

On eBay I've seen loads of alloys going so I've put in a few emails and see what I get back :). Doing my shopping around.

If I get a chance on sat I am going to a few local scrappies and ask as well :)

Hey,

what style alloy would you prefer?

If it was be then the ones on the right - they look more sporty ;)

cheers pal, as we had discussed i was looking at black ones but the price was a bit out my price tag and all i want is alloys so i thought i would get either of the two above and in a years time while i save up i can get more sporty ones then i was thinking?

this side of xmas dont want to be foking out like £500 to be honest.

cheers pal, as we had discussed i was looking at black ones but the price was a bit out my price tag and all i want is alloys so i thought i would get either of the two above and in a years time while i save up i can get more sporty ones then i was thinking?

this side of xmas dont want to be foking out like £500 to be honest.

You can always have the colour changed to black later on when you have more spare cash

If it was be then the ones on the right - they look more sporty ;)

Haha contrary to James, I like the ones on the left. I think they look classier :P

Personally I think that the ones on the right look like the baby version of the 17" ones and who wants a baby version? I'd go classy first and then go for the full sporty look when funds allow.

I would recolour them later though, its most important to get an alloy that you like and not buy a semi cool alloy just because it is the colour you want

I would go this

P1000948.jpgand then do this and get them sprayed black or gunmetal grey - or even a white would look cool with the blue

P1000956.jpg

thanks for your input. What i'm going to do it save up for the fiesta titanium alloys 15 spoke alloy, 17".

I think if i'm going to do it then I may as well just save for the ones I want. as you say no point in going for a cheaper version just because there either the colour i want or there only what I can afford right now. but in January I should have them. just need to find a good place to get decent tyres. need a new set going for 15's to 17's.

from the below im not sure which version to go for. as one set is from pre 2011 I believe and the other is post 2011 where the redesign the alloy. what you think.

p.s. I think my dates above are correct but let me know if im wrong.

does anyone know the speed rating on a fiesta 17" alloy.

the tyres are 205/45 17 I think but not sure of the speed rating.

post-27409-0-35369700-1381526328_thumb.j

post-27409-0-08887600-1381526501_thumb.p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club