Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Messing With My Head

georgen

Can someone please tell me why every time I start my car the air con switches on, i turn it off then if i turn car off and restart it its on again, apart from messing with my head its also messing with my MPG :(

Do you have the fan pointed at the windscreen? On the focus it automatically switches the air con on if you have it pointed at the windscreen to help with demisting. If you point the fan in a different direction (even the windscreen plus feet setting) then this will not happen. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

it barely makes a difference on the mpg ive tested it and the experts have too so that wont be killing youre mpg other than that the reason it should be used is to help the cars radiator on the focus the aircon radiator sits at the front covering the entire engine radiator meaning airflow through it will be cut by 50% at least other than that it keeps the seals lubed and prevents expensive damage to the system

• Like 1

I do have the switch set for screen, I will move it and retry, thanks from me and my car as it saves me kicking the stuffing out of it lol.

it barely makes a difference on the mpg ive tested it and the experts have too so that wont be killing youre mpg other than that the reason it should be used is to help the cars radiator on the focus the aircon radiator sits at the front covering the entire engine radiator meaning airflow through it will be cut by 50% at least other than that it keeps the seals lubed and prevents expensive damage to the system

barely? have you tried putting aircon to 'lowest' temp,blower half-power,& do town driving?think you'll be surprised at result

Moved dial and it no longer switches itself on :D

• Like 2

Moved dial and it no longer switches itself on :D

Great news glad you sorted it! :D

in town yes it makes a difference yes outside town almost none

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club