Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's a shame that your Fords don't seem to like you given the fact that you appreciate mine. Both my Focus's have been great (keeping fingers crossed!!)

know what you mean, I just want to be loved by them! lol, or if nothing else, just not hated!!

I like them but maybe I need to buy a next to brand new one for it to appreciate me?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I just wanted to say that in the 80's cars were so cheap it worked out cheaper running a car for 3 months or so and then getting another one. I normally have two cars on the go but the last two Focus's are the only ones I have bought from new. The current one I bought in April 2011 is the longest I have ever owned a car.

#18 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

know what you mean, I just want to be loved by them! lol, or if nothing else, just not hated!!

I like them but maybe I need to buy a next to brand new one for it to appreciate me?

haha maybe warranty would help! But in all seriousness you have probably just been unlucky...

#19 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I just wanted to say that in the 80's cars were so cheap it worked out cheaper running a car for 3 months or so and then getting another one. I normally have two cars on the go but the last two Focus's are the only ones I have bought from new. The current one I bought in April 2011 is the longest I have ever owned a car.

The Focus must be keeping you happy then!  :)

#20 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I have been unlucky, there's no doubting that, its the one time I dont mind giving money to an insurer! (warranty direct) for £20 a month or so.

#21 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

The Focus must be keeping you happy then!  :)

It just fits our needs perfectly. Plus the missus has been made redundant so I may be holding onto this baby for a good while yet.

#22 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

(May 2012-present)

2006 Ford Focus 1.6TDCi Ghia Hatchback.

Bought with 65,000 on the clock, now on 79,000

... Thats it lol.

Previously, I'd driven my mum's 2003 Rover 25 1.4 Impression, and then her 2004 Vauxhall C**** 1.3cdti.

Saving for my wedding atm, but soon after that I'm hoping to upgrade. (The car, not the wife! :P.)

#23 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

(May 2012-present)

2006 Ford Focus 1.6TDCi Ghia Hatchback.

Bought with 65,000 on the clock, now on 79,000

... Thats it lol.

Previously, I'd driven my mum's 2003 Rover 25 1.4 Impression, and then her 2004 Vauxhall C**** 1.3cdti.

Saving for my wedding atm, but soon after that I'm hoping to upgrade. (The car, not the wife! :P.)

Got to start somewhere and a MK2 Focus is a great start! Beats driving a Rover and a C**** lol

What is it they say...?

'It's all over with a Rover!'  :lol:

#24 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Got to start somewhere and a MK2 Focus is a great start! Beats driving a Rover and a C**** lol

What is it they say...?

'It's all over with a Rover!'  :lol:

Yeah, I was very fortunate that my parents helped me out a bit with buying it. I'm not complaining at all! Its a ghia too so loads of gadgets. I'd love to get a Focus ST soon but my Fiancee and I want to get a small caravan as we go to quite a lot of motorsport for the weekend, and setting up a tent for one night is a pain. Unfortunately, the ST can't tow, so I'll be looking at a Golf GTi, Octavia VRs, BMW etc.

To be fair, the rover was absolutely brilliant, however we wanted a more modern car that was only £30 road tax (my mum barely uses it) and, more importantly, safer.

#25 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, I was very fortunate that my parents helped me out a bit with buying it. I'm not complaining at all! Its a ghia too so loads of gadgets. I'd love to get a Focus ST soon but my Fiancee and I want to get a small caravan as we go to quite a lot of motorsport for the weekend, and setting up a tent for one night is a pain. Unfortunately, the ST can't tow, so I'll be looking at a Golf GTi, Octavia VRs, BMW etc.

To be fair, the rover was absolutely brilliant, however we wanted a more modern car that was only £30 road tax (my mum barely uses it) and, more importantly, safer.

You can't go wrong with £30 a month road tax!!  :D

Yes the Focus ST is an awesome car but if you need to tow then it's not so good!  :(

#26 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

I can still say with a smile on my face that I wrote off a rover, and I am (kinda) proud of it :P would have been better if it was a corsa though

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: history, list, car, owning, models

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users