Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault?

womble68

anyone help this morning went out to car put key in to start warning beep and display said engine malfunction and power steering malfunction switched of tried again same thing turned of locked car then unlocked and car started fine, half mile down road beeping started and display said engine malfunction + power steering malfunction all lights on dash lit up, turn car of and back on started fine drove to work and home again about 15 miles been out and about again and everything is fine any ideas on this or do you think it was just a gremlin in the car lol cheers for any advice

anyone help this morning went out to car put key in to start warning beep and display said engine malfunction and power steering malfunction switched of tried again same thing turned of locked car then unlocked and car started fine, half mile down road beeping started and display said engine malfunction + power steering malfunction all lights on dash lit up, turn car of and back on started fine drove to work and home again about 15 miles been out and about again and everything is fine any ideas on this or do you think it was just a gremlin in the car lol cheers for any advice

Seems like an odd one as it's all working correctly again now. Probably best to plug a code reader in just in case to check for any fault codes.

• Like 1

If it's like the 2.0 tdci the power steering pump is hidden underneath the o/s front bumper/wing had a similar prob on my 2.0 was a corroded loose connection cleaned it up and all is ok. Worth a look

• Like 1

cheers fella i'm gonna check it out tomorrow we had a lot of rain over weekend and went through a few deep puddles on the lanes round me so gonna check out connectors

Take out the o/s headlight and you should see the pump and connectors hope you get sorted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club