Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrapping Or Respray

Lester1102

Hi all I'm looking at getting my roof and wing mirrors either respray end or wrapped what do people find is best

Paint is permanent,,, wrap isn't. So come time to sell you've a bigger market if its all one colour as sprayed bonnets and roofs ain't everyone's cup of tea. That's my opinion anyway lol.

Definitely wrapped, can take it off and can even protect the paint.

How durable is the wrap though the only worry I have is that when I'm washing it will it peel off

I wouldn't do either.

I think it looks good plain personally.

How durable is the wrap though the only worry I have is that when I'm washing it will it peel off

Done properly a good quality wrap will last years.

As for the mirrors, I bought an unprimed set from eBay at around £16 and bought some paint from ford to respray. That way I can always put my originals back when I come to get rid of the car.

I've considered the roof but they I may as well have bought a corsh1te white car, black mirrors, black roof, black wheels....

I think wrapping is the way forward as others have said it can be removed if you change your mind and can protect the paint. It's also a fair amount cheaper than painting so a win win all round as far as I can tell! :D

I think I might go with black gloss wrap then

How much is a full wrap? I know prices will fluctuate from company to company though. I'd love to wrap my zetec s in Matt black..

How much is a full wrap? I know prices will fluctuate from company to company though. I'd love to wrap my zetec s in Matt black..

I've seen prices anywhere from £750-£2,000.

I've seen prices anywhere from £750-£2,000.

They do seem to vary quite a lot. Probably worth having a look at an individual company's work before making a decision but in my experience you buy cheap, you buy twice!! :D

I got my wheels done the other day and was going to get it the mirrors and roof wrapped but I left it as I think the mirrors wrapped just look like cheap black plastic ones.

I got my wheels done the other day and was going to get it the mirrors and roof wrapped but I left it as I think the mirrors wrapped just look like cheap black plastic ones.

Some places do a really nice carbon effect film that looks really good!

My friend had his car wrapped in Matt blue for £500 just ask about and be prepared to travel is you want it done

There's a company who wrap and tint cars and have done for the past 20 years I think called tint masters and they e only 5 mile from my house and have had my windows done before by them and there great

• 3 months later...

They are just privacy glass which was one of the optional extras so no trouble but I had my windows tinted on my grande punto and they wre illegal and never been pulled but it all depends on what the police are like in your area