Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Mk2.5 Focus Zetec S

ant784t

Im looking at lowering my focus by 20mm but i dont know if the zetec s is already on lower springs as standard. For example 10mm, so for me to drop it 20mm more do i need 30mm springs? Thanks

• 1 month later...

The Eibach lowering spring kit will be perfect for the job mate. It's a dealer upgrade too! So easy to get hold of!

Ride and handling are great with this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

On a Zetec S on standard 17" wheels do we really need rear camber bolts? I know the steering limiter is only needed for 18's but do we really need the camber bolts? Been thinking about getting this done - Eibach spring set is about 120-130, and fitting about 100 or so at my local back street garage.

Most people I know that have had the eibachs fitted the camber bolts too..

• Like 1

may as well do the bolts then, then get a 4 wheel allignment done too which will be about £40 or so. I will probably with wait until after the winter and then get it done, might even do it myself and save the cash as I have all the kit as I know "sports suspension" does have different camber settings to standard on the focus. Anyway my car looks quite low anyway when my fat backside is sat in it! :D

• 1 month later...

does anyone know of some cheap 80mm springs for a focus 1.6 mk2.5? been looking around and cannot find some cheap that will go 80, i kind of want to stay away from coilies as my budget isn't that big for suspension and my friend has got some horror stories with his coils ( that were cheap coils ) if anyone can link me up it will be much appreciated :)

Camber bolts are definitely needed once lowered to prevent uneven tyre wear.

Anything lower than 30mm will be outside of the dampers operating range as a result hitting a pot hole will cause massive bangs hitting the limit of the strut. Soon and I do mean very soon your dampers will start to leak and thats an mot failure.

Springs are only good in small doses anything else needs coilovers and keep in mind cheap coilovers are worse than stock springs in every way

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club