Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Insulation

shamus1

I read somewhere about the insulation in the 2.5 was made better for noise can anyone tell me where or how they did this?

I haven't seen this but I know normally in facelift models they do try and make a few subtle improvements with noise etc so I would be interested to read if someone knew what had been changed. I think the MK2.5's did increase in weight a little so no doubt there is come extra sound insulation somewhere!

the sound proofing was added to the floor on the driver and passenger side and a wad of extra insulation on the driver and passenger interior bulkhead to cut road noise they also added the underbonnet soundproofing to most cars as well as the engine undertray

to adapt a mk2 to this you simply need some insulation panels and affix to the driver and passenger floor and behind the existing interior bulkhead sound proofing but where that ends continue it up as much as you can also behind the glovebox under the rear seats and in the boot around the wheel arches helps

• 2 weeks later...

the sound proofing was added to the floor on the driver and passenger side and a wad of extra insulation on the driver and passenger interior bulkhead to cut road noise they also added the underbonnet soundproofing to most cars as well as the engine undertray

to adapt a mk2 to this you simply need some insulation panels and affix to the driver and passenger floor and behind the existing interior bulkhead sound proofing but where that ends continue it up as much as you can also behind the glovebox under the rear seats and in the boot around the wheel arches helps

where can I get the right insulation panels and how much would it cost?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club