Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Sill Plates And Gear Knob

Focus-Jonny

Just seen these look very nice! anyone any expirence with them?

post-8771-0-01371600-1381314072_thumb.jp

Also anyone know how much they are? im gonna guess very expensive!

I have a feeling someone has priced them up before and they were quite expensive. They do look cool though but have never seen them in real life unfortunately. Would be good if someone has a photo to upload who actually has them? I actually rented a mustang in California last year that had a similar illuminated kick plate. The great thing about there though was that you could actually change the colour/brightness to whatever you wanted along with the rest of the interior lights. It was a bit geeky but I loved it and it looked awesome! B)

• Like 1

I have a feeling someone has priced them up before and they were quite expensive. They do look cool though but have never seen them in real life unfortunately. Would be good if someone has a photo to upload who actually has them? I actually rented a mustang in California last year that had a similar illuminated kick plate. The great thing about there though was that you could actually change the colour/brightness to whatever you wanted along with the rest of the interior lights. It was a bit geeky but I loved it and it looked awesome! B)

I like the sound of that! B) The more things i can fiddle with/adjust the better! my car doesnt have blistering performance so i have to make up for it in the looks department lol Anyone out there with photos!

Yeah thats a good price for those! i want something with the same red illumination as the rest of the car, and i also have a thing for orginal oem parts! i like everything to look work as if factory fitted!

jamesm182 i also wake up every morning hoping my car has magically changed to yours! but once i turn the key in the ignition... well the dream dissapears :(

• Like 1

jamesm182 i also wake up every morning hoping my car has magically changed to yours! but once i turn the key in the ignition... well the dream dissapears :(

Haha well to be fair the MK2.5 zetec S does have a pretty similar look to the ST. And just think of the extra MPG :lol: It's a bit like me wishing I had an RS or even a Shelby GT500 B)

aww the excitment, thrill of driving a car with high MPG -_- :( LOL i only get 30-32 mpg average i live 5 mins from work so literally do small journeys, 130 miles a week.

Haha well to be fair the MK2.5 zetec S does have a pretty similar look to the ST. And just think of the extra MPG :lol: It's a bit like me wishing I had an RS or even a Shelby GT500 B)

count yourself lucky! at least you have 221bhp to play with :driving: try having 113bhp! wanting and RS or GT500 is just plain greedy theres not enough bhp to go around lol

I love the fact every boy racer trys to race me off the lights because my car "looks good/fast" :unsure:

aww the excitment, thrill of driving a car with high MPG -_- :( LOL i only get 30-32 mpg average i live 5 mins from work so literally do small journeys, 130 miles a week.

count yourself lucky! at least you have 221bhp to play with :driving: try having 113bhp! wanting and RS or GT500 is just plain greedy theres not enough bhp to go around lol

I love the fact every boy racer trys to race me off the lights because my car "looks good/fast" :unsure:

Believe me though you soon get used to 221bhp. Felt so fast when I first got it but then you just get used to it. Added a remap to it and now got used to that too! :mellow: I know what you mean about 113bhp my old 1.8 mk1 had about that!

• Like 1

well thats it! its human nature to just want more and more! its a shame the mk2.5 st is so expensive to run, 2.5L for developing 221bhp i would probably only get 18mpg with my driving, the mk3 is far more economical with more power but looks wick! not that i have to worry for a while yet! insurance is terrible for my age at the minute anyway :(

go for a RS500 :wub: 345BHP! B)

Ive went so :offtopic: ... so gearknobs!

well thats it! its human nature to just want more and more! its a shame the mk2.5 st is so expensive to run, 2.5L for developing 221bhp i would probably only get 18mpg with my driving, the mk3 is far more economical with more power but looks wick! not that i have to worry for a while yet! insurance is terrible for my age at the minute anyway :(

go for a RS500 :wub: 345BHP! B)

Ive went so :offtopic: ... so gearknobs!

I get around 22-24mpg pottering around town and 30-33mpg on a decent run so not an absolute disaster! :D and yes slightly :offtopic: haha

Thats not to bad at all i could live with that for having the wonderful 5 pot growl! lol and let me guess you have the digital aircon controls too? :wub: droooool

Thats not to bad at all i could live with that for having the wonderful 5 pot growl! lol and let me guess you have the digital aircon controls too? :wub: droooool

Sadly that's one thing I don't have. When I purchased my car I wanted a facelift ST3 and my budget was a little tight for this. I also wanted bluetooth, low mileage, ST3 (for leather, xenons, heated seats etc) so I did struggle with this. My budget would have got me a fully loaded pre facelift but I had it in my mind that I really wanted the facelift for the looks, push start button, carbon dash etc etc. I got lucky and managed to find my car with everything I wanted (except USB and climate) although I added USB later on anyway so just have to live without the climate! :)

• Like 1