karlos1987

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,139 posts
  • Name: karl
  • Ford Model: focus mk2.5 titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

I've got a focus mk2.5 and my rear end was knocking. Turned out to be the anti roll bar drop links. They was cheap so probably your best first option.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 theredfox

theredfox

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: c- max
  • Year: 2005

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

just read this thread are all these problems common to c-max 03-10 as most of the parts are common between models

paul

#48 Peggy1999

Peggy1999

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Roz
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 1
  • Year: 1999

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hi all,

I have a Ford Focus Mk 1 (1999). The engine seems reliable and most of the work I have done is on the chassis (usual stuff like ball joints) . The only thing I would say about the engine is that when its idle it makes a revving noise like its not ticking over properly, which people comment on. Its really quite loud and happens more often than not.

I notice on here people mentioning 'uneven running' when idle. Does this sounds like the problem I am having and if so how do I fix it?

Any advice?

Thanks, Roz :)

#49 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yes its a problem it sounds like the idle control valve needs replaced but it could also be an air leak from a split throttle hose faulty pcv valve ide have it looked at as in very cold weather it may decide not to start or it may try to run away ie youre beaking to slow down and wuthout warning it surges forward

#50 aaronmaher47

aaronmaher47

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys 1st post ever here :) I'm having some issues with my mk1 2001. It was Idling poor and had no power, turns out timing was out 3 teeth. Had new belt and pulley and got them to put replacement ICV on too (used) anyway it's much better, so quick and starts first time now. But it still idles rough.

It took about 30 miles for the revs to find their place after ICV change but my lights flicker and you can feel it judder like being on a big old diesel bus.

Also when I picked it up from garage I checked for codes and there was a misfire on cylinder 2. Swapped that plug to cylinder 1 to see if the code moves but it hasn't yet (been about 2 days) it really feels like it's misfiring but I can tell with the performance That it isn't.

The guy at the garage also said he couldn't find any vacuum leaks.

I'm out of ideas now I'm worried it's something serious like injectors, valve damage or maybe head gasket on its way.

It's had new coil new plugs and new leads in the past 2 months.

Sorry for mega long 1st post.

#51 aaronmaher47

aaronmaher47

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

Just an update, I put the original plugs in ( I had the bosch super 4 before) and that has fixed my idle issue. The car runs like a dream now, I put some cat cleaner in it and had to give it a blast on the motorway to pump it through and it's all good :)

I thought the 4 point plugs would be much better but on inspection they are a lot shorter than the originals so probably ain't igniting it effectively. So a heads up for anyone who was thinking of using them.

#52 Damon Cook

Damon Cook

Focus tdci owner

• FOC Supporters
  • 201 posts
  • Name: Damon
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 tdci
  • Year: 2004

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

One thing ive noticed with my 2004 1.8 tdci is the blowers have no pressure till you recirculate the air and the rear passenger windows are a pain in the !Removed! for misting up and the egr clogs up alot leading to crap in the intercooler blanked my egr and had to deep clean the intercooler after it ran smoother and it is quite loud also even with magnetec A1 oil recomend the wyns oil supercharge additive runs little quieter with that in

#53 kierwillis

kierwillis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Kieran
  • Ford Model: focus mk1
  • Year: 2001

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Help I have a 51 plate focus lx 1.8 and it has no 1st or 2nd or 5th or reverse but still drives in 3rd and 4th??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: common problems, common faults

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users