Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Focus Zetec

gemgem

My brother has got a 2005 Focus and his power steering pump has decided to pack up on it.

Seeing as it's not even 4 years old yet, I find it hard to believe that a power steering pump would fail within such a short space of time.

He is only the second owner from new (middle aged woman had it first) and we know where it was bought from and serviced annually so does anyone know if we would have any chance of getting the delaer to pay for part of the cost of replacing this as it is only just over 6 months out of warranty.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother has got a 2005 Focus and his power steering pump has decided to pack up on it.

Seeing as it's not even 4 years old yet, I find it hard to believe that a power steering pump would fail within such a short space of time.

He is only the second owner from new (middle aged woman had it first) and we know where it was bought from and serviced annually so does anyone know if we would have any chance of getting the delaer to pay for part of the cost of replacing this as it is only just over 6 months out of warranty.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Not a hope, even if its a week out of warranty they wont do it. I have a 2005 Focus Zetec myself, same thing happened it but thankfully I had only bought the car from a dealer with 12 month warranty so they did the job. Would have cost me about €800 to put right.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club