Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting Iphone 5 To Cd6000

Carl0s

So, ive been listening music from my phone via the 3.5mm aux connection for a year now, but what has been irritating me from the begun, is that i need to grab the phone and unlock it to change track, and the the "wire jungle" that is going on in my centre console (the 3.5mm jack and the charger).

So, is there anyway to connect the iPhone 5 to the cd6000 so that it streams trough the lightning connector, charges the phone, and you could use the steering remote to change track.

Friend from work uses Xcarlink on his toyota, and it works neatly, but it only supports the old iphone/ipod connector, and no, i dont want to use 30pin to lightning adapter... :/

Ideas ?

Hi Carlos,

Bad news I'm afraid, Apple will not supply the authentication chip for iPhone 5 to and aftermarket retailer to enable charge and control.

I think there are Will only be only 2 ways that you will be able to connect.

A aftermarket hands-free kit with steering control interface. Parrot or iO.

Or there was a dension interface for Ford a few years ago. GW 100, GW16FC1 but you will need to use the 30 pin to lightning connector.

Cheers

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the iPhone 5 and mine works through the steering controls as well as via blue tooth. Have you tried the ford software update for your radio?

Hey. Could you be more specific? I'd like to give this a go if I knew how to update my radio.

You should have/need the USB port in the arm rest. Then all you need is a blank USB stick. Go to fords web site and search for radio software update open down load the file then once you have it on your lap top open it and drag and drop in the USB. Then you must connect it to your cars port with the engine switched off

Only down load the two files you need from the folder in the correct language. It's definitely worth doing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club