Photo

Sync Issues - 13 Plate

sync

Best Answer jamesm182, 10 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

I have a 13 plate Focus Titanium X. Up until this week I have had no issues with Ford Sync but for some reason when I plugged my iPod in the other day I started to have problems. It would recognise it was plugged in and then it would start indexing as usual but then it says there is an error. Then when you press the voice control button on the steering wheel it says there is no USB device connected. I have tried plugging in my iPad as well and it does the exact same thing.

Does anyone know how to fix this or anything I can try to get it working again? Thanks

You may have already tried this but have you tried holding down both buttons on the iPod until the apple logo appears in order to do a full soft reset. Apologies if you have tried this but I have been surprised how many problems this has solved for me in the past when plugging iPods into various bits of kit!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I have a 13 plate Focus Titanium X. Up until this week I have had no issues with Ford Sync but for some reason when I plugged my iPod in the other day I started to have problems. It would recognise it was plugged in and then it would start indexing as usual but then it says there is an error. Then when you press the voice control button on the steering wheel it says there is no USB device connected. I have tried plugging in my iPad as well and it does the exact same thing.

Does anyone know how to fix this or anything I can try to get it working again? Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,091 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:49 AM   Best Answer

You may have already tried this but have you tried holding down both buttons on the iPod until the apple logo appears in order to do a full soft reset. Apologies if you have tried this but I have been surprised how many problems this has solved for me in the past when plugging iPods into various bits of kit!

#3 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for your advice. I did this as well as trying another iPod cable. Turns out the lead had become faulty overnight somehow!

#4 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,091 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for your advice. I did this as well as trying another iPod cable. Turns out the lead had become faulty overnight somehow!

Random but I suppose it can happen! At least it's sorted!  :)

#5 PaulStevo

PaulStevo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6TDCI 60
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Sorry to thread jump but to save me starting a new thread im having same problems.

However im trying to connect an ipod touch 32G .(have a 62 plate focus titanium)the ipod worked ok for the first 2 weeks ive had the car now it says " Cant autoplay indexing and will not see the ipod touch" any fix before i go back the dealer?

Thanks ( Ans soz for the thread jump but seems we have same problem)

Just tried another lead also and still says no autoplay indexing??

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users