Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Won't Hold Settings

Wattywatts

Hi just bought a 2007 focus tdci estate. The radio in it was dead so I pulled it out and it had unit faulty written on the top. So I put my own pioneer unit in but despite swapping the red and yellow wires on the harness over it still resets every time I turn the ignition on. It's not the radio as it's fine in other vehicles. Anyone experienced this or have any ideas. Thanks and hi to all

Hi just bought a 2007 focus tdci estate. The radio in it was dead so I pulled it out and it had unit faulty written on the top. So I put my own pioneer unit in but despite swapping the red and yellow wires on the harness over it still resets every time I turn the ignition on. It's not the radio as it's fine in other vehicles. Anyone experienced this or have any ideas. Thanks and hi to all

Seems strange is you have experimented with the red and yellow wires on the harness. For the radio to power up and operate its memory function correctly, the permanent live and ignition live must be functioning correctly and connected to the proper feed into the back of the radio. If you have already checked to make sure that the wires are the correct way round the next thing I would do would be to pull the radio out and check the power feeds manually with a little screw driver power tested or something similar. Check to make sure that the permanent stays on when you turn the ignition completely off and check to see that the ignition live goes on and off correctly with the key. If they don't then you will need to change the feeds or move to a different wire etc. Hope this helps :)

Depends on the unit red and yellow can be black and red the unit should not power up without the ignition switched to position 2 you may find youres powers up with ignition off so the wiring is set wrong

Thanks for the replies. Will have a look in the morning and let you know what I find. Cheers

Thanks again for the replies I checked the cables with a tester all was fine, put yellow back to yellow and so on and it's working?? Maybe I had a loose connection last time?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club