Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Ford Oil? 52Plate Mk6 1.4 Duratec (Petrol)

Big Red Bus

Hi, I made it a weekly thing recently to dip my oil, check tyre presures and all other levels on a Friday morning. So, all I will need to do at the weekend is wash n hoover it, right :D !!

If only!!

I was bringing my boys home from footy after last Sundays match and stuck my foot down as we came up a bit of a climb. Not good, coughing and spluttering we were loosing power.

I looked to see if we were low on petrol, maybe having sucked up some crud, nope, over half a tank remaining (afterall, I allways fill up so we do not suck up crud!).

We nearly cut out a couple of times, then limped home. How come I had gotten so low on oil so quickly between checks and why had my oil warning light not come on? ok I may have missed a couple of Friday mornings but my warning lamp illuminates with all the others on start up!

My airbag light came on while driving on the motorway the week before, could my lamps be crossed over or computer be confused.com?

Anyhow we got home and I used some old cheap oil and the car sounded crap but lots better after a real good warm up. So this week I changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs. The oil was a muddy brown colour not black??? Yes I can see metal flecks in it :mellow:, no I can't see oil in my header tank.

Which Ford oil should I have been supplied with? Is oil starvation a problem on these and where?

Sounds like a bag of nails on start up untill warm :mellow::blink::huh: :(

Thanks, Rich.

Great, Thanks James.

That is what I have used.