Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

there will be plenty more meets

the bumper will look good on it

i will post up a link for the levin meet/photoshoot that happened back in may

• Like 1

there will be plenty more meets

the bumper will look good on it

i will post up a link for the levin meet/photoshoot that happened back in may

Look forward to it mate,

I presume you've saw a lot of Levine in Ireland, can you tell me how popular is the super live sound rear speaker?

I'm looking for the factory grill only,

And trying o gauge how hard its gonna be to find.

Also please post a link to the meet/photoshoot that happened last may, I'm sure some of the lads on here would like to view aswell as myself, perhaps we can recruit another ford/Toyota owner ;)

Here's the Cwest front bumper again on this beautiful Levin,

I'm not mad on the Bomex side skirts that's fitted to this one but I do like the rear lip

Check It Out y'all

http://www.autolifers.com/torchlight-toyota-levin-ae111/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=torchlight-toyota-levin-ae111

• Like 1

Here's the Cwest front bumper again on this beautiful Levin,

I'm not mad on the Bomex side skirts that's fitted to this one but I do like the rear lip

Check It Out y'all

http://www.autolifers.com/torchlight-toyota-levin-ae111/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=torchlight-toyota-levin-ae111

Thats a nice looking Levin mate, not that yours aint :ph34r: ;)

• Like 1

Thats a nice looking Levin mate, not that yours aint :ph34r: ;)

Ah together we can make it happen George,

I've gone out t it at 10am -1pm stripped out the whole rear from boot to the glove box all down to the metal,

Just the front carpet and drivers seat remains,

I've got it all up the attic and bags of fixings all categorized to ease the refitting,

I'm on nights this week so I'll get to the carpet and front another day,

Stripping it down in search of rusted areas requiring paint,

Figured since I'm getting the outside done I might as well get the areas inside treated aswell,

And prep it myself as much as possible to keep cost down,

Only rust inside is the under rear seat support brackets and the two boot wells behind the rear wheel arches,

I've hooverd the whole thing after stripping and used two packs of 60 interior wipes cleaning it out,

She's shining inside lol

Damn phone is giving me hip now I've tons of images but it won't let me send says "sending error check multimedia settings"

You see I've no bluetooth on this 7" android, only way I could get pictures up was to email them to myself from my phone

Then download to the tablet from my email,

Followed by uploading them to photo bucket

And linking them to the forum,

I'll try get it sorted, my phone is now 7 years old

• Like 1

Ah together we can make it happen George,

I've gone out t it at 10am -1pm stripped out the whole rear from boot to the glove box all down to the metal,

Just the front carpet and drivers seat remains,

I've got it all up the attic and bags of fixings all categorized to ease the refitting,

I'm on nights this week so I'll get to the carpet and front another day,

Stripping it down in search of rusted areas requiring paint,

Figured since I'm getting the outside done I might as well get the areas inside treated aswell,

And prep it myself as much as possible to keep cost down,

Only rust inside is the under rear seat support brackets and the two boot wells behind the rear wheel arches,

I've hooverd the whole thing after stripping and used two packs of 60 interior wipes cleaning it out,

She's shining inside lol

Damn phone is giving me hip now I've tons of images but it won't let me send says "sending error check multimedia settings"

You see I've no Bluetooth on this 7" android, only way I could get pictures up was to email them to myself from my phone

Then download to the tablet from my email,

Followed by uploading them to photo bucket

And linking them to the forum,

I'll try get it sorted, my phone is now 7 years old

Ya new cars older than 7, so hope it gives you less jip than ya phone mate :P,

Why did you not just store in the bedroom, i thought that was your store room of choice lol.

• Like 1

Why did you not just store in the bedroom, i thought that was your store room of choice lol.

:lol: vickiC dug the claws in and said words that makes baby Jesus cry,

So I've got the seats in the bedroom under protest

And onother interior for sale in the kitchen :lol:

But the rest of the stuff had to go up the attic

• Like 1

:lol: vickiC dug the claws in and said words that makes baby Jesus cry,

So I've got the seats in the bedroom under protest

And onother interior for sale in the kitchen :lol:

But the rest of the stuff had to go up the attic

Vicki must of being very angry to say words like that Lenny, she comes over on the forum as the quite reserved shy type :huh:

I once built a 2 litre straight six BMW engine on my kitchen floor, after all it was the only warm place with a wipe clean floor in the house lol, you would of thought they would be happy to spend more quality time with each other lol, Women will never understand them :wacko:

• Like 2

Vicki must of being very angry to say words like that Lenny, she comes over on the forum as the quite reserved shy type :huh:

I once built a 2 litre straight six BMW engine on my kitchen floor, after all it was the only warm place with a wipe clean floor in the house lol, you would of thought they would be happy to spend more quality time with each other lol, Women will never understand them :wacko:

Sweet :lol:

I've got a picture to show of the whole car interior in the kitchen today,

But I was swiftly told the score as I stepped off the 13th stair on to the hall way this morning wearing my blue overalls as I reached for my shoes on the way to the car :lol: Vicki was a layin down da law.

But look at the focus she drives...

I wish my Levin looked as good as HER focus,

Sweet :lol:

I've got a picture to show of the whole car interior in the kitchen today,

But I was swiftly told the score as I stepped off the 13th stair on to the hall way this morning wearing my blue overalls as I reached for my shoes on the way to the car :lol: Vicki was a layin down da law.

But look at the focus she drives...

I wish my Levin looked as good as HER focus,

I bet she was dusting it and polishing it all morning lol. there say they want us to be spontaneous and original after all :D

• Like 1

I did dust and hoover willypuller today George ...I've seats in my bedroom,kitchen,attic tools under my stairs and bits on top of my kitchen press.....but do ye know what takes the biscuit...Lenny going to work at 1030pm leaving me and kids in the house normally just drives away but tonite because the scumbag is in the driveway he gets out and closes the gate behind him lol...tori

• Like 1

I did dust and hoover willypuller today George ...I've seats in my bedroom,kitchen,attic tools under my stairs and bits on top of my kitchen press.....but do ye know what takes the biscuit...Lenny going to work at 1030pm leaving me and kids in the house normally just drives away but tonite because the scumbag is in the driveway he gets out and closes the gate behind him lol...tori

What can I say Vicki, he has a new twinkle in his eye and a skip in his step, :D

• Like 1

What can I say Vicki, he has a new twinkle in his eye and a skip in his step, :D

Using my profile now instead of charging the battery on your own tablet Victoria?

Let me guess, you couldn't get to your charger because there was somthing car related in the way ;)

• Like 1

The Levin I more of a jipping age than the phone mate :lol: but the phone doesn't get serviced,

I spent my lunch break at 5am using a computer with bluetooth to upload my pictures to photo bucket for you,

First one is the parts in the kitchen :lol:

. Image3870_zpse730b2fc.jpg

Image3869_zpsecf24260.jpg

clips are broken on this vent so ill pick one up to replace, creating a tight fit no rattle

Image3868_zpsf059c8f1.jpg

Image3867_zps8dcf130e.jpg

Image3866_zps6732c4b7.jpg

Image3865_zps20dbbed4.jpg

Image3864_zpsec8447c3.jpg

Image3863_zpsd84be472.jpg

Image3862_zpse63907ab.jpg

Image3861_zpsc5b530bb.jpg

clip ws missing from inside panel but i later found it in the cavity so all good.

Image3860_zps3d344d1e.jpg

Image3859_zps4228b47a.jpg

Image3858_zps700cc177.jpg

Image3857_zps154b6225.jpg

seems to be an oil substance on the inside body panel surrounding the wheel jack, common of toyota to do this

Image3855_zps707382ed.jpg

Image3854_zps319909cb.jpg

Image3853_zps0274c8d1.jpg

Image3852_zpsaa466b7f.jpg

you can see the support brackets, just under where the carpet starts on both sides of the rear seat area,

require removal sand prime and paint, followed by refitting,

Image3851_zpsea97fcf7.jpg

front passenger seat removed

Image3850_zps408726d9.jpg

quieter exhaust to be fitted,

Image3848_zps11423b08.jpg

Image3824_zps4d5c9ea5.jpg

Image3814_zps674e92d9.jpg

Image3815_zpsd1b65ac8.jpg

refitted rear spoiler

Image3822_zpsef6af8f8.jpg

removed damaged drivers seat and replaced

Image3811_zpsb2c7cb89.jpg

Image3816_zps9387ed89.jpg

Image3817_zps81546294.jpg

this is the neutral sensor box thats not connected to anything

the levin started life as an automatic but now manual,

going to see if i can remove this completly in some way.

Image3818_zpsfd680190.jpg

anyways back to seat replacement

Image3819_zps326e23de.jpg

Image3820_zps110bc0dd.jpg

found some coins in the rail of the seat, win/win ;)

Image3821_zpse42233c9.jpg

• Like 2

Can't believe I missed this thread starting :iim:

Really looking forward to seeing how you progress with this one Lenny, didn't even know it was possible to convert an auto to a manual. (I imagine it is even more difficult on newer cars).

• Like 1

Using my profile now instead of charging the battery on your own tablet Victoria?

Let me guess, you couldn't get to your charger because there was somthing car related in the way ;)

The Levin I more of a jipping age than the phone mate :lol: but the phone doesn't get serviced,

I spent my lunch break at 5am using a computer with Bluetooth to upload my pictures to photo bucket for you,

First one is the parts in the kitchen :lol:

. Image3870_zpse730b2fc.jpg

Image3869_zpsecf24260.jpg

clips are broken on this vent so ill pick one up to replace, creating a tight fit no rattle

Image3868_zpsf059c8f1.jpg

Image3867_zps8dcf130e.jpg

Image3866_zps6732c4b7.jpg

Image3865_zps20dbbed4.jpg

Image3864_zpsec8447c3.jpg

Image3863_zpsd84be472.jpg

Image3862_zpse63907ab.jpg

Image3861_zpsc5b530bb.jpg

clip ws missing from inside panel but i later found it in the cavity so all good.

Image3860_zps3d344d1e.jpg

Image3859_zps4228b47a.jpg

Image3858_zps700cc177.jpg

Image3857_zps154b6225.jpg

seems to be an oil substance on the inside body panel surrounding the wheel jack, common of toyota to do this

Image3855_zps707382ed.jpg

Image3854_zps319909cb.jpg

Image3853_zps0274c8d1.jpg

Image3852_zpsaa466b7f.jpg

you can see the support brackets, just under where the carpet starts on both sides of the rear seat area,

require removal sand prime and paint, followed by refitting,

Image3851_zpsea97fcf7.jpg

front passenger seat removed

Image3850_zps408726d9.jpg

quieter exhaust to be fitted,

Image3848_zps11423b08.jpg

Image3824_zps4d5c9ea5.jpg

Image3814_zps674e92d9.jpg

Image3815_zpsd1b65ac8.jpg

refitted rear spoiler

Image3822_zpsef6af8f8.jpg

removed damaged drivers seat and replaced

Image3811_zpsb2c7cb89.jpg

Image3816_zps9387ed89.jpg

Image3817_zps81546294.jpg

this is the neutral sensor box thats not connected to anything

the levin started life as an automatic but now manual,

going to see if i can remove this completly in some way.

Image3818_zpsfd680190.jpg

anyways back to seat replacement

Image3819_zps326e23de.jpg

Image3820_zps110bc0dd.jpg

found some coins in the rail of the seat, win/win ;)

Image3821_zpse42233c9.jpg

Now Lenny you know that would come out in the mix lol.

could you not of stacked it in the corner man :ph34r:

also noticed that sink looks really low, didn't realise your lass is a leprechaun mate, no wonder you cant fit in her bikini :P

Car looks in good nick inside, we wont mention the exhaust that's fitted as that's the biggest bodge ive seen, fancy not removing original pipe lol.

think this is going to be a great build thread, keep the pics coming. :)

• Like 2

Can't believe I missed this thread starting :iim:

Really looking forward to seeing how you progress with this one Lenny, didn't even know it was possible to convert an auto to a manual. (I imagine it is even more difficult on newer cars).

Thanks very much Alex mate,

The cost of converting from auto to manual would have been huge, but these cars were expensive when new,in the region of 30,000GBP

The car was 6 months old in japan when it was converted, and has been fitted with additional TRD close ratio short shift,

There's no slotting in to gear mate there all around 4-5mm apart on the change no loss of time shifting,

I've checked the foot well and everything for signs of a bodge job cut out in the firewall but its seam less,

Looks just like a factory manual everywhere,

The dash panels, pedals and cluster are all for manual, the only evidence remaining that she used to be auto is this starbo neutral sensor box.

I'm happy with buying one that once was automatic though, because it means it didn't get a hard time in japan or thrown around there race tracks sideways, I've stripped her down as you can see,

All chassis and frame panels are factory straight,

There was a football size impact to the drivers side rear quarter panel at some point because I can see evidence on the inside of the panel,

They used spot weld hooks to pull the panel back outwards and smooth it off.

Removing the panels was great pleasure,

I've categorized bags of fixings for easy return and I've done a list of parts requiring change as some of them are scratched,

I'm going to run new audio cables and remove the stock if possible now that its nearly completely stripped,

Aswell as loom for foot well lighting and reverse camera, get all in along side the factory loom, leaving it future comparable for fitting the hardware items when I can afford them. Without removing panels again.

The project won't be progressing until the new year really,

Just preperation work being done this year and picking up a few replacement parts for under 200

I've met a few fellas from the south east who are Levin enthusiasts and can help we with the list of replacement interior parts,

Saves me money on importing from japan and also helps a brother out too.

• Like 1

I imagine at this point the Focus is still your main car then.

I'd love to have the time, money, knowledge, storage space and patience to do something like this.

• Like 2

Now Lenny you know that would come out in the mix lol.

could you not of stacked it in the corner man :ph34r:

also noticed that sink looks really low, didn't realise your lass is a leprechaun mate, no wonder you cant fit in her bikini :P

Car looks in good nick inside, we wont mention the exhaust that's fitted as that's the biggest bodge ive seen, fancy not removing original pipe lol.

think this is going to be a great build thread, keep the pics coming. :)

:lol: That's the kids kitchen George,

I wouldn't stack the parts no way, they could get scratched or split, I've got a list of parts that are worse for wear and I'm going to replace them with ones less scratched as funds allow and the parts become available,

I've got all those parts sitting spaced in there own section in the attic now where they will take no hurt,

I'm now selling a BZR interior as I have replaced the drivers seat and the rest of them are 100%

I'll perhaps swap the interior with a parts dealer in exchange for some other interior parts if there interested,

Stripping it out was a 50/50 sink or swim job mate,

I didn't know what I was going to find, thankfully inside is really good, it was super dusty though I've sorted that

Even found some YEN¥ vicki C wasn't impressed when I presented it to her,

I figured since I'm needing the body sprayed, why not get the parts on the inside treated too thus resetting the clock on the age of the body. The interior is very easy to work with aswell its all Philips screws and 6mm or 8mm bolts.

I love it.

I imagine at this point the Focus is still your main car then.

I'd love to have the time, money, knowledge, storage space and patience to do something like this.

Yes the focus is the main car mate and will be until march next year at the earliest,

Great space folding down the back seat to use for collecting parts and diesel is cheap if traveling far to collect,

The Levin will be for the enjoyable weekend drives and trips to work when VickiC needs the focus it will never be a work horse under my ownership.

Paint will be February, hopefully sort a windscreen for then too, tax expires next month so she's going to be declared off the road as soon as my ownership form arrives, MOT expires in February and it wouldn't pass it as it was or is,

Reg plates need replaced as there cracked non not compliant,

Front windscreen is cracked,

Washer bottle leaking fluid,

Exhaust is far too loud,

Replacing the silencer next week with the other muffler,

Then I can keep her ticking over in the driveway across the winter.

You don't need an influx of money to do this job mate,

Parts are cheap and you set the speed of the project yourself,

Knowledge comes with the online access, joining the forums and sharing with others, helps motivation and more knowledgeable members can help you a lot,

All you need is a space to store it, and an initial 2-3k to pick up a motor it was a choice between a hybrid turbo for the focus or this project, i think I've made the right choice,

I should have done this before thinking of modding the focus, I wouldn't have spent half as much on modification parts with the same results achieved.

• Like 1

All these pics of the levin, no wonder I used my monthly data allowance n my contract :| :p

looking good so far Lenny, those pictures I was allowed to download without aging 40 years!

• Like 1

All these pics of the levin, no wonder I used my monthly data allowance n my contract :| :p

looking good so far Lenny, those pictures I was allowed to download without aging 40 years!

:) sorry jeeb,

Great money in images for everybody except the fella holding the camera,

I pay photobucket to host them and you pay your network provider to download them tis a joke.

I can't emphasize how much enjoyment it brings working on it,

If I had a welder I'd make up some frames for the second interior and make a 3 piece suite out of it like top gear :)

lol, it was a price I didnt mind paying, I just have to go four days without internets on the run, but I am sure I can cope ;) it is a bit cheeky though that we all have to pay out for it!

I just wonder how much pleasure it brings VickiC, I suppose the scales are tipped more in your favour than hers :p

• Like 1

lol, it was a price I didnt mind paying, I just have to go four days without internets on the run, but I am sure I can cope ;) it is a bit cheeky though that we all have to pay out for it!

I just wonder how much pleasure it brings VickiC, I suppose the scales are tipped more in your favour than hers :p

Very true mate there's no counterbalance there at all lol

She hates the Levin and doesn't even allow me to discuss it in the house :rolleyes:

I'll give him a spark between his legs with an angle grinder george and good things come in lepracaun packages...there's car parts in my !Removed! dreams leonard honey

• Like 3