Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

what's skittles?, translation please

Skittles = ( . ) ( . )

Your 5 year old said that :D
Aye. ..breast fed baby ...what can I say lol
Skittles haha that's a new one on me
This thread sure is covering a broad range of topics now >_>:rolleyes:Thanks Vicki

9 more days and snagglepuss on the road :D

• Like 1

doesnt seem 5 mins since you had just got her and was talking about not getting her on the road in Feb/march

• Like 1

doesnt seem 5 mins since you had just got her and was talking about not getting her on the road in Feb/march

The car had a few more problems than just scratched paintwork described when selling,

Shortly after purchase in september/october it was difficult to forcast sorting out enough issues such as lambda sensor, catalyst, cat back exhaust, heater control unit, air vents, windscreen, broken boot vent, torn drivers seat, leaking washer bottle and pipe work, and leaking boot through vent and rear spoiler holes

But I've stuck with it since purchase, hasn't been easy but its improved, once i was prepared to travel i managed to pick up some bargains in the process,

Windscreen to be fitted on the 13th February

I've gotten the list all sorted then,

I've got the required parts bookmarked in "my eBay" ill purchase the pieces across the weeks and have them fitted end of march or early April.

I've to book MOT on 13th after the windscreen has been fitted.

• Like 1

Good on u for sticking with it me old fruit

Thank mate,

If it was a normal run around car, id have most defiantly walked away while throwing a match stick at it,

But its a jap imported 6 speed LSD 168bhp 1.6vti twin cam 20 valve naturally aspirated velocity stacked bzr and I've always wanted one, last built in 2000 there's no more available with no issues, just a case of buying one and sorting it out yourself.

Good ones don't go for sale.

If it was a normal car i wouldn't have entertained atall

Mechanic Pfff, you doing a sterling job yourself mate, are ya feeling brave :)

• Like 1

Mechanic Pfff, you doing a sterling job yourself mate, are ya feeling brave  :)

Feeling lucky lol

I wouldn't chance timing or water pump now mate, plus I'm going for a kevlar timing belt so its going to be a nightmare to fit but strong

• Like 1

Update:

Windscreen fitting successfully booked for Friday 14th February

Was difficult sourcing a company to fit a replacement that i already had in my possession :rolleyes:

But as always persistence pays off.

• Like 1

is it a rubber fixed screen or bonded, bonded are soooo easy to fit mate. ;) On the timing belt Kevlar or not it wouldn't make much difference to fitting it mate.

• Like 1

is it a rubber fixed screen or bonded, bonded are soooo easy to fit mate.  ;) On the timing belt Kevlar or not it wouldn't make much difference to fitting it mate. 

Its bonded mate, i was lucky to pick up a second hand replacement for 120 euro last November, these windscreens can only be got second hand or by paying Toyota 1200 to import one from Japan and hope it arrives in one piece,

I'm gonna let the windscreen guy do his job on this one, cant risk breaking it

• Like 1

Nah you cant break a bonded one fitting it, unless you drop it :ph34r: its basically glorified siliconed in, bit more than that but once you know how its a piece of cake and if you watch them do it, you will be thinking what have I paid him for lol. the hard job is getting the old one out, make sure they dont damage your dash, roof lining or a pillar covers.

Once old one out they will cut the old bond off car and then apply a primer, they also apply the primer to the screen edge too, they then cut the nozzle for the tube putting a V cut in the end on one side so when they apply it, it comes out like a triangle onto the bond line of the car, screen is then lifted into place and teased into position where then they will tape it to stop it moving till set, sometimes there's trims to add sometimes not. if scuttle removed refit and wipers done.

• Like 1

They use high carbon content silicone so it forms a nice peak on application, it makes a more even seal when the glass is fitted apparently.

• Like 1

They use high carbon content silicone so it forms a nice peak on application, it makes a more even seal when the glass is fitted apparently.

Sikaflex is a common one they use, many years ago a windscreen company had the unit next to me so it would of being rude of me not to learn how to do it lol.

• Like 1

Each time I read these updates I get wishful that I had half the balls that you have when working on cars :P I applaud your self taught experience on all the work you have done on your motor Lenny, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Each time I read these updates I get wishful that I had half the balls that you have when working on cars :P I applaud your self taught experience on all the work you have done on your motor Lenny, keep up the good work!

Thanks very much jeeb,

I wouldn't be confident changing fluids in the focus or any car over 3,000euro but on cheaper cars its worth giving it a try yourself, if it goes wrong its cheaper to fix,

Goes rite then its a feather in the cap lol

Your kind compliments are fuel to my fire of burning motivation :lol::p

Update:

As previously mentioned on this thread,

picked up a complete bargain today:

TRD Genuine adjustable rear spoiler..

Not only that but it came fitted to a boot door.

The TRD spoilers fetch up to 400euro second hand alone,

Boot panels fetch around 80 euro

I picked up this beautiful arrangement together today for 120 euro

Very happy :D

Here's some pictures

IMG_20140206_131502_zpsg8zh9m8f.jpg

IMG_20140206_131441_zps5liaxi39.jpg

IMG_20140206_131456_zpsaf5mjuyp.jpg

IMG_20140206_131449_zpstejpvrv8.jpg

I plan to carbon wrap the centre section beam,

And the TRD end caps with some red in the TRD text

I wont be trying to seperate the spoiler from the boot neither :unsure:

Instead im going to fit the full thing to the car

, and roll with a white rear until spraying.

ive to swap out the lock but A-B straight swap,

IMG_20140206_151037_zps5gaygz2v.jpg

Also gotta swap over the latch and cable

IMG_20140206_151028_zpsmwsa21og.jpg

On the positive side aswell

only four bolts securing it to the hinges,

Once on the hinges, will be easy to work on the latch and lock section.

A relief to see the bolt holes are threaded with fixed locations for insertion meaning no risky business lining it all up ;)

IMG_20140206_151019_zpsn1mz3jf3.jpg

IMG_20140206_151028_zpsmwsa21og.jpg

Also found a buyer in co.down seeking a 205

black boot with genuine bzr spoiler and levin tail lights,

Win/Win :lol:

Im upgrading to trueno tail lights instead of levin as i reckon they look more up to date, much like the tail lights on a honda S2000

Ive gotta talk to someone who also has a trueno/levin with a TRD spoiler fitted, to ask them what sort of nut should fit the single bolt on either side of the boot edge because mine are missing,

however they are not the only bolts securing it.

IMG_20140206_151105_zpsxzjtdt9_edit_1391

IMG_20140206_151128_zpsh8iiqzz_edit_1391

IMG_20140206_151054_zpsgluc5aos.jpg

Nice find Lenny. Looking forward to seeing it all fit together and the car on the road :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club