Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

Vicki I'm sure Lenny has something special and romantic in mind for you on Friday. If not he might need the wipes to mop up spilled blood.

+1 phil

I've just prepared the centre piece for the table ready for Friday night catalyst :lol:

I bought it second hand for the MOT but on removal from the downer car, the grinder cut a bit deep when removing the bolts from the flanges, so i had the cut at the rear of the flange weld,

I then had it blown out with air and flushed with fluid to reduce its carbon content helping it perform when it comes to MOT,

I got up this morning and was a stink of vapours from it, so i threw a match in and wooof!! :o:lol:

Still going strong 20 minutes later but its only vapours burning, make a nice mark 9f respect for both Victoria and the love for cars, if positioned in the centre of the table on 14th Febuary

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Small update:

Since I've named the car snagglepuss, I thought it should have something of a representation to show that it is lol

Although nothing to do with the pink cat from the 80's TV show topcat but because the Levin screams up to 9,000rpm like a cat and is a genuine puddy wagon ;)

So I've paid t have a portrait style custom print air freshener made for the rear view mirror.

Its got this image

3041972353_9e09947a14_o_zps1f9gqvsb.jpg

And the text on the bottom will read: Snagglepuss 2013-2015

• Like 1

Lenny, that rattle from the mirror would drive me bonkers on the road. Btw, car seems to have a nice headunit already in. You have any thoughts about ICE for the future?

I am in the process myself of making a list for ICE upgrades this year. Since you have the car kinda stripped at the moment, I would highly recommend sound dampening after doing a fair bit of research on it. So far the two alternatives are Silent Coat or Dynamat. Silent Coat is the cheaper out of the two and they both seem to perform equally good. They just dampen vibration and also help a bit with road noise. I reckon it would be a great addition at this point since the car is kinda bare.

• Like 1

I say strip out the weight! No rear seats, radio, carpets etc... Did i hear someone say the fastest Levin in Ireland? ;) :P

• Like 1

Lenny, that rattle from the mirror would drive me bonkers on the road. Btw, car seems to have a nice headunit already in. You have any thoughts about ICE for the future?

I am in the process myself of making a list for ICE upgrades this year. Since you have the car kinda stripped at the moment, I would highly recommend sound dampening after doing a fair bit of research on it. So far the two alternatives are Silent Coat or Dynamat. Silent Coat is the cheaper out of the two and they both seem to perform equally good. They just dampen vibration and also help a bit with road noise. I reckon it would be a great addition at this point since the car is kinda bare.

Thanks hassen,

I've just completely rebuilt the interior two weeks ago mate its all back together,

My main focus on this car is keeping it light as its initial design was weight conchies, so sound deadening wont be on my list, just the foam cups for the Speakers,

I do plan to fit a 7" double din stereo reverse camera sat nav and upgrade the speaker system possibly a sub too but I'm going to fit the body kit, timing belt exhaust and paint before i go upgrading parts that are currently tolerable,

But eventually two 6.5" component in front, two 6" and a 9" in the back but ive got other plans to complete creating a sound stable base first to ensure a good sound system doesn't end up parked on the hard shoulder because ive invested in it instead of an exhaust or spark plug replacement.

Gotta build a reliable foundation first :)

I say strip out the weight! No rear seats, radio, carpets etc... Did i hear someone say the fastest Levin in Ireland? ;) :P

+1

Wing mirrors, doors WTF ye need them for?? ??

• Like 2

Nothing, UPS vans don't have them! Think of the time he will save getting in and out of the car.

• Like 2

Windscreen's getting fitted in the morning 90 euro to remove existing one, fit the replacement and take the broken one away.

Pictures tomorrow when done :)

Typical stormy and wet,

Windscreen fitter on route to the house so i turned the car around and parked the focus outside as if its not belonging to me,

Encase the price of fitting went up on sight of the zetecS :)

IMG_20140214_090229_zps9xgirfj_edit_1392

IMG_20140214_090241_zpsy6txmfz_edit_1392

IMG_20140214_090212_zpsu8ndrke_edit_1392

IMG_20140214_090202_zpszdt8cp9_edit_1392

Retrieved the replacement windscreen from under the bed, just in time for valentines night :lol: no more holding back in fear of the bed collapsing on top of the replacement windscreen

IMG_20140214_093507_zpsdvpquu9o.jpg

Windscreen fitter then phoned to ask if i had a shed or some shelter, unfortuntaly i don't, so he came to the house, picked up the windscreen and followed me down to a local underground car park,

Where the old windscreen was removed and replacement fitted.

Very happy with the results

90 euro removal, disposal and fitting.

Sound lads to do business with and explained the full process to me involving two part resin to fit, and wire cutting out the old broken windscreen.

I've to leave it now for 3 hours but i wont be moving it until tomorrow when it will be insured on the road.

Here it is now:

IMG_20140214_101939_zps7cheatrp.jpg

IMG_20140214_101933_zpsklrfyc3_edit_1392

did you drive it from the underground to the driveway?

• Like 1

did you drive it from the underground to the driveway?

Needs must and all that jazz

In time for Valentines night LOL, you here that V your getting lucky tonight :huh:

On the windscreen front yeah has to be dry when bonding, getting there Lenny Lad.

• Like 1

In time for Valentines night LOL, you here that V your getting lucky tonight :huh:

On the windscreen front yeah has to be dry when bonding, getting there Lenny Lad.

He's the lucky one .....lucky I ain't dumped his !Removed! pmsl especially since focus is mine mwah ha ha <-Evil laugh lol

• Like 2

In time for Valentines night LOL, you here that V your getting lucky tonight  :huh:

Cheers mate looking forward to tomorrow
  • Like 1

He's the lucky one .....lucky I ain't dumped his !Removed! pmsl especially since focus is mine mwah ha ha <-Evil laugh lol

remember: ive still got one voucher left ;)^_^:mellow:^_^:o^_^:D-_-
  • Like 1

remember ive still got one voucher left :D
  • Like 1

So you said!

I remember when I had my windscreen replaced, as soon as I got back to the car at the garage I peeled the tape off thinking it had been forgotten about and drove home. It was only then that I started wondering if the tape was important and perhaps I should have left it on. Still, the screen didn't fall off when braking so all was good :D.

So what other hidden places around the house are car bits located now then? Or can't you say as a certain someone isn't aware? :lol:

• Like 1

So you said!

I remember when I had my windscreen replaced, as soon as I got back to the car at the garage I peeled the tape off thinking it had been forgotten about and drove home.  It was only then that I started wondering if the tape was important and perhaps I should have left it on.  Still, the screen didn't fall off when braking so all was good :D.

So what other hidden places around the house are car bits located now then?  Or can't you say as a certain someone isn't aware? :lol:

Ssssshhhh!

She thinks i bought a top gear styled living room set, 3 piece suite and 4 cylinder coffee table :lol:

Nah

Top of cupboards in kitchen there's a cat and some small parts, bedroom there's a passenger door card, and under the bed theirs a set of genuine Levin matt's

• Like 2

I've got a centre console, gear linkage, half a rear bumper and various swapped out radios and trim in my spare bedroom.

Nothing under our bed apart from dog chew toys and spiders ;)

• Like 1

I know everything!!!! Attic, under the stairs, above the kitchen cupboard!!! As soon as I get dry day shed will be cleaned out and everything put out!!!! #levinwidow

• Like 1

Aye I could make a hammock for him between my dryer & chest freezer in the shed! !!

• Like 1

I know everything!!!! Attic, under the stairs, above the kitchen cupboard!!! As soon as I get dry day shed will be cleaned out and everything put out!!!! #levinwidow

:o Nnnnooooooo!!!

Aye I could make a hammock for him between my dryer & chest freezer in the shed! !!

hammock in between the chest will do fine luv, never mind the freezer ^_^
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club