Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

Had to go and dig around you photobucket to see vids lenny, the handbrake turn wasnt that impressive but Ive just read it doesnt work so that will be why lol. its quite loud now mate. B)

:lol: i didnt plan the 180 mate the car is that rigid it just goes lol same if pushed hard on roundabouts lol

It is quite loud, I've an old 3" deep foam cot mattress in the boot to droned the sound out inside,

This exhaust is provisionally sold, fitting a varex system with your cat in 12-14 weeks, having this system removed and immediately dispatched up the north, while I'm waiting for the replacement to be built.

• Like 1

Just found a 1989 Nissan 300zx for sale local for 1,500euro 3ltr twin turbo V6 yo! V6 has 303bhp to the rear wheels STOCK! :lol:

http://www.adverts.ie/4458036

Tax would be around 1600 a year but the fine is 500 and 2 points,

Almost worth the risk as if caught still cheaper

• Like 1

1600 for tax, how is the taxation class worked out over there?

1600 for tax, how is the taxation class worked out over there?

Up until vehicles registered in June 2008 road tax is based on the engine CC aswell as fuel type, petrol tax being slightly cheaper than diesel,

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/motortaxinfotype.do

Then private tax of a commercial vehicle would me at minimum 1,000euro for a 1.4tdci fiesta van

Vehicles registered after June 2008 are taxed based on there text book emissions.

Whats the points and fine for then?

• Like 1

Whats the points and fine for then?

As far as im aware if caught with no tax its a 500 euro fine and two penalty points,

But if you drive a 3.0 twin turbo then its cheaper to risk being fined than actually paying the annual tax i suppose :D

• Like 1

lol, sounds about right :p

• Like 1

Wow Lenny those tax rates are pretty high even compared to UK.

• Like 1

Wow Lenny those tax rates are pretty high even compared to UK.

+1 and you guys have a lot more roads than us, my tax on the Levin costs 180euro more than my insurance this year :ph34r:

I thought it was the Guinness License... you pay the same amount of road tax as we do, then the difference goes to the leprechauns?

On a serious note though, its ludicrous that for such a small country with low road counts - how on earth do they charge so much!?!

Does that mean your getting bent over the table, or is it that we are not being bent over enough (I hope thats not the case!)

• Like 1

I thought it was the Guinness License... you pay the same amount of road tax as we do, then the difference goes to the leprechauns?

On a serious note though, its ludicrous that for such a small country with low road counts - how on earth do they charge so much!?!

Does that mean your getting bent over the table, or is it that we are not being bent over enough (I hope thats not the case!)

Ill ignore the leprechauns and Guinness jokes >_>

I reckon were getting bent over the table mate, but in recent months the law has changed for country roads, they used to have a speed limit, but now they dont, government says its up to the locals how fast they go on them :lol: so those videos i upload are 100% legal

I'm happy to pay tax for that but not everyone will take advantage of that,

The government is trying to encourage spending by giving emissions based tax on vehicles registered after June 2008

Encouraging people to buy new cars which in disguise have dpf,egr and esp not as fun to drive,

Also any car over 10yrs old must have an MOT test every year at a cost of 55euro aswell as insurance company's turning there backs on insuring Japanese imports.

• Like 1

haha, sorry, meds are playing catch up :p

Yeah I think you are being bent over, but I love the idea of country roads = no speed limits... how many fatalities since that change?

haha, sorry, meds are playing catch up :p

Yeah I think you are being bent over, but I love the idea of country roads = no speed limits... how many fatalities since that change?

Don't know yet, its only been 6-8 weeks in place, i could be the first :lol:

lets hope not fella! as much as you have turned your back on the blue oval and gone over to the levin, we wouldnt wish any injuries on you and certainly not fatalities!

• Like 1

so for a car under 10 year old whats the crack with the mot?, here all cars over 3 years old get a mot test every year. Also my car costs £105 a year for road tax which I think is crap as the roads are a right mess, pot holes everywhere. pre march 2001 here, cars fell into two categories not over 1549cc = £140 per year road tax and over 1549cc= £225 per year, since that its been calculated on emissions of some sort or other.

• Like 1

so for a car under 10 year old whats the crack with the mot?, here all cars over 3 years old get a mot test every year. Also my car costs £105 a year for road tax which I think is crap as the roads are a right mess, pot holes everywhere. pre march 2001 here, cars fell into two categories not over 1549cc = £140 per year road tax and over 1549cc= £225 per year, since that its been calculated on emissions of some sort or other.

Any car over 3 years and under 10 years gets an MOT every two years at a cost of 55euro per test,

The annual tax on the focus is 200euro based on emissions,

The tax on the Levin is 602euro based on engine size

• Like 1

Bummer this was £225 per year :P

Picture005800x600.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture017-2.jpg

Sorry :P :P

:lol: alot more on fuel though,

I CHOPPED! a 2012 A6 two weeks ago on the motorway, rolling start at 80mph i was on the feeder lane to the motorway and he sped up in the fast lane,

He started to drop back when i was doing 105mph in 4th at 8,000rpm VTEC yo! His turbo dropped off at 3,500rpm while my vti was only getting started at 4,000rpm two gears remaining and he was way back

SciFiFantasyHorse_PowerhorsepowerjpgrZd3

Was only a 2.2td though not a V8

I'm sure he was well sickened though, a two toned Japanese piece of !Removed! chopped his !Removed! in 4th and the amount he's spent on that thing aw huh

This was him

IMG_20130811_211855_zps1dcfed46.jpg

And i may have been perceived as a !Removed! but i was like..

vtec-just-kicked-in-yo_zpsqyiy91os.jpg

• Like 3

PMSL, the lowest I saw the computer show was 4mpg lol, we will not talk about what I was doing to get it that low LOL

• Like 1

Does all Irish poultry come with VTEC Lenny?

• Like 2

Does all Irish poultry come with VTEC Lenny?

Only the free range spring chickens :o:lol:
  • Like 1

PMSL, the lowest I saw the computer show was 4mpg lol, we will not talk about what I was doing to get it that low LOL

Wow that's lower than the other guys moral :lol: very impressive though, must have been on consistent full throttle for a while to register that reading on the computer
  • Like 1

Update:

Got a txt from Stead there yesterday to inform me that the PiperCross Panel filter for the Levin had arrived,

So i took a drive up to him today and collect it,

IMG_20140318_102216_zps6vbmofx_edit_1395

IMG_20140318_102239_zpsphwtvdz_edit_1395

IMG_20140318_102226_zpscvx87x5_edit_1395

IMG_20140318_102323_zps8xx5xhib.jpg

IMG_20140318_102313_zpseegv0z5j.jpg

More free Stickers :lol:

IMG_20140318_102515_zpsfht1xaa5.jpg

Question i now have is:

Should i replace the standard induction filter before or after the MOT test on Thursday?

Well ive read up on the pipercross filter and it says increased MPG so that's sure to assist low emissions on the MOT,

Fitted there and here's the old blueprint branded filter isn't that bad but still more restrictive than the Pipercross

IMG_20140318_175138_zpsmmucmw5i.jpg

IMG_20140318_175221_zpsos0p99hp.jpg

, but in recent months the law has changed for country roads, they used to have a speed limit, but now they dont, government says its up to the locals how fast they go on them :lol: so those videos i upload are 100% legal

Oh wow! I must bring the ST over there that sounds like the Lind of law I like. If only we could get that here I would be a very happy driver

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club