2 replies to this topic

#1 Sly Boogie :D

Sly Boogie :D

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK4 1.8D LX 5Dr Red
Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Simply asking whats involved :) Car is garaged so as such no amount of work is too much if i take my time :) Looms being swapped is something im more than capable of as well :)

Any other silly things to consider? Is the diesel box usable with a 1.25 and is there any advantages etc? I assume the Diesel brakes are better than the smaller petrol ones as the engine is heavier? Also assume the front shocks need swapping or it'll sit a bit high?

Thanks guys =)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

I cant see as it would really be worth it. You'd lose the economy, it would cost a fortune changing engine, suspension, gearbox, ECU, fuel tank, instrument cluster, fuel sender unit, alternator, starter and these are just off the top of my head. Presumably your diesel engines knackered? If so it would be cheaper to scrap the car than convert it, then buy a 1.25 car.

#3 Sly Boogie :D

Sly Boogie :D

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK4 1.8D LX 5Dr Red
Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Yeah i suppose your right, didnt really think abotu all teh tank and shizz. Nevermind, do it up and flog it i guess! Can get myself another one later i suppose.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users