Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

t3stin

Focus Mk1 Gear Stick Problem

4 posts in this topic

a few weeks back in traffic the gear stick went floppy, lifting the gaiter up showed the problem to be a rod that had fallen off a ball shaped joint and pushing it back on solved the problem.

It has now happened twice more and i'm becoming worried at the frequency of it happening, I have circled in the attached picture the rod that falls off the ball - can i buy a new replacement rod or replace the rubber bit to stop it slipping off anymore? Is it a common fault or has anyone else experienced this / found a fix?

I'm not entirely sure what the rod is called so I wouldn't know what i'm looking for.

All ideas and suggestions very welcome - I have no idea unfortunately!

Tess

post-47406-0-92860400-1381673186_thumb.j

you most likely can pick it up from the ford dealership. that is the gear linkage. best to replace the rubber joint it should solve the problem. is there much ware on the metal ball atall and is there much ware on the rubber joint?

Doesn't appear to be any wear to either - any idea on the price of the rubber joint? Does it just pull off and then slide the new one on? Thanks

im unsure of the price for one. i think it should slide of. best to talk to you local dealer for a price