Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost Engine 123Bhp

Mirage

I am considering the Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost but am concerned with the durability of the 1.0 engine compared with the older 1.6 engine it replaces. Seems to me that the 1.0 engine is under considerable strain, whats peoples opinions?

I appreciate that turbo charging is not new and that other manufacturers have already produced smaller engines churning out high power. I also appreciate that the 1.0 turbo-charged ecoboost is a new engine using new technology but the new ST uses a 1.6 turbo-charged ecoboost engine with 180bhp (with an apparent overboost of 200bhp) you'd expect with an output of 123bhp a 1.2 or even 1.3 turbo-charged ecoboost engine would have been used.

Should I be concerned?

Nope you shouldn't, mine is currently at 10k and I have had no problems what so ever, the 1.0 zetec s the 125ps also has overboost, it picks up power now as it did when I firsr had it and its an engine full of life and needs to be driven

123hp per litre with turbocharging is nothing. Honda got that with the s2000 engine without turbocharging and they go on for ever whilst revving to 9000rpm.

The focus st is also 125hp per litre.

So at 10 years old (approx 120, 000 miles) one should expect the 1.0 ecoboost engine to still be going strong in comparison to the older 1.6.

Just if there is any doubt I'd rather get the 1.6 fiesta or older 2.0 focus or mondeo and expect these cars to rust before the engine failed.

Almost every engine is made to last over 300,000 miles be it diesel or petrol thts what I read in a magazine it's down to how you drive it it's nt going to last you long if you redline it every gear but when does anyone ever do tht on roads you should be ok it's a fantastic engine and there is a lot tht can still be done with it

So at 10 years old (approx 120, 000 miles) one should expect the 1.0 ecoboost engine to still be going strong in comparison to the older 1.6.

Just if there is any doubt I'd rather get the 1.6 fiesta or older 2.0 focus or mondeo and expect these cars to rust before the engine failed.

The engines are tested for longevity but who keeps there car this long anyway?

Thanks for the responses.

Im putting all my money into property thus intend to run car into ground.

So want to make sure I get best value for money long term.

I must admit after test driving the 100ps im very keen on a zetec s or titanium 123bhp.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club