Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 System Update

iNVADER84

Hit here, is anyone aware of a system update for the Focus, assuming this is ever meant to happen? I noticed an ad for a Fiesta the other day doing texts and this isn't an option on my 2012 Tit X, however, one assumes that the systems must be pretty similar?

What you saw was SYNC , it is an extra module fitted to the car which allows text message reading and emergency dialing in the event of an accident.

It would not be a case of simply adding the extra module it would have to be compatible with the stereo and bluetooth unit which would probably need updating.

Down side of SYNC is that for the time being it does not do Climate control via voice at the moment, and a few have reported voice recognition problems.

• 3 years later...

Text reading is also subject to that option being available from your phone provider.

The NecroPoster strikes again!!!

Mwahahahahaaaaaaa!!! 😨😨😨😨

Actually are you sure about that? The text message info is passed from phone to SYNC via bluetooth and I would have thought has nothing to do with provider, otherwise similar accessibility features of the phone itself likely would not work.

• Like 2

My iPhone doesn’t but my old windows phone did. 

On another note I have in my menu applink. Is that on sync 1 ?

I seem to remember it saying this in the Ford Handbook that came with the car. In my car, with the Sony head unit,  the option is there but under texts it says 'empty', but there many texts in my phone, so I have assumed that O2 don't support that option.