Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

welshpete

Foam Boot Filler

7 posts in this topic

Hi, would anyone know where to get the foam filer/inserts for carrying a full size spare instead of the horrid space saver, without paying the almost 100 quid that Ford want!?

Reason I ask is I have a spare alloy (15"), also got the space saver, but won't use space saver after one collapsed on me a few years ago. (I had done less than a mile on the A217) travelling at under 30mph.

Alloy is in the wheel well, but as expected, it sticks up a few inches. I have the smaller carpet, just need the foam packing. There are none in my local breakers yards, I already looked lol.

Thanks

Pete

Lenny likes this

I believe "Lenny" has done this to his Focus , so he should be able to guide you for part numbers.

welshpete and Lenny like this

I believe "Lenny" has done this to his Focus , so he should be able to guide you for part numbers.

Thanks Paul mate,

I've got the kit for mk2 and mk2.5 2005-2011

It costs over 150 pounds from ford,

Consists of a different shaped carpet, longer wheel clamp rod, and two sections of polyethylene spacing,

My advise keep an eye on eBay as some sellers don't realise the value

welshpete likes this

or shop around your local scrappy!

Guessing your wales base? Im over in the east and have these parts to shift for the space saver psrts

Lenny likes this

Hi Gabbo, I'm actually in Hemel Hempstead, although originally from Wales, lol.

If you have the foam inserts, I would gladly swap them for the brand new and unused space saver I had with the car when we bought it. I have a spare alloy for the car, hence the need for the inserts. Let me know,

Regards

Pete

I have he foam inserts, boot carpet and even the bit which secures full size in place and looking for boot carpet for mine and the bit to secure wheel.

Ig your interested in swap of parts?