Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soon to have a Fiesta...

Michael P

At some point next week i shall be acquiring a Fiesta 1.3 for the grand old some of nothing (thanks to someone wanting it off their drive sharpish)

Not knowing a lot about Fords or Fiestas, i just wanted to know if there is anything i should look out for on it

Its silver, 5 doors, 1.3 Encore, it has black plastic bumpers and it's an 1997 R reg (didn't ask too many questions on the grounds that it is free!)

All help appreciated :)

Cannot offer any help, but wanted to welcome you to the forum, lovely bunch of guys and girls on here, oh and lucky you getting a free car!!!

Cannot offer any help, but wanted to welcome you to the forum, lovely bunch of guys and girls on here, oh and lucky you getting a free car!!!

i do feel very lucky! the woman who has it now just wants to get rid of it without the hassle of selling it!

I am in no way car mechanically minded, i love cars but just don't know how to mend them or know anything about engines.

I have got to save up for the insurance first (joys of being 17) so it shall undriven by me for a while but i can do lots of tinkering in that time

i do feel very lucky! the woman who has it now just wants to get rid of it without the hassle of selling it!

I am in no way car mechanically minded, i love cars but just don't know how to mend them or know anything about engines.

I have got to save up for the insurance first (joys of being 17) so it shall undriven by me for a while but i can do lots of tinkering in that time

I dont know if yours has the dreaded rust btu if i were you, if it does, i'd rip the carpets up and have a good gander and see if you can see the road through the floor. I got told my £10 fezza had all the welding done, but found 3 more bits that need doing!

Great time to give the carpets a good going at though! I'm doing the one out of mine as i type, and it was disgusting, it looks 100x better now! I honestly expected to have to jetwash it etc, but its coming up a treat just with an out of car hoover! I'm using a hose one an di think its because the carpets quite thing, it can suck air right through the carpets, so it's pulling all the old dirt through the carpets so they're looking like new again :)

well i shall have plenty of time to gut it ! if i do see any rust anywhere i may consider pulling the carpets to see if there is anything lurking.

my aim is to make it look vaguely looking like new(ish) which will be very hard but i will have bags of time to do anything !

i shall also invest in a haynes manual, try and get myself into fixing the car and saving a bit of money as well!

well i shall have plenty of time to gut it ! if i do see any rust anywhere i may consider pulling the carpets to see if there is anything lurking.

my aim is to make it look vaguely looking like new(ish) which will be very hard but i will have bags of time to do anything !

i shall also invest in a haynes manual, try and get myself into fixing the car and saving a bit of money as well!

Ah thats good, i'm in the same situation, except i have 2 cars to tinker with B)

Haha, mine is impossobile to make look new really. Damn you ford, for not fitting unboltable wings!

As for DIY, good lad, nothign better than getting your hands filthy playing with your nuts B)

it shall be fun ! it will probably be sitting on the drive for about a year so i will have loads of time, and i shall find lots of things to do with it !

first mission...new wheel trims (i know, massive step)

it shall be fun ! it will probably be sitting on the drive for about a year so i will have loads of time, and i shall find lots of things to do with it !

first mission...new wheel trims (i know, massive step)

You meant 16" Mondeo Si alloys right ;)

Good on you - my daughter is soon 17 and will be learning to drive unfortunately she wont have a car for a while - thinks she will be able to drive mine - NO !Removed! WAY!!!!!

You meant 16" Mondeo Si alloys right ;)

i wish ! i can only stretch to halford's best i'm afraid!

Good on you - my daughter is soon 17 and will be learning to drive unfortunately she wont have a car for a while - thinks she will be able to drive mine - NO !Removed! WAY!!!!!

you won't be her biggest fan ! i would love to be able to drive that !

at the moment im insured on my mums kia picanto until i can drive mine so i shall try and save lots!

well, after i spend a bit on my car :)

i wish ! i can only stretch to halford's best i'm afraid!

Ah fair enough then. I'll let you off. They have a sale on 13" trims atm, i was just looking as i'm gonna fix up and sell my diesel one to buy a petrol. £13.21 atm :)

Clicky!

Sure they're granny style, but they tidy up a car that doesnt have trims to no end!

Im quite interested in the nevada one's they have, i shall get them once im paid!

i only have a grainy mobile pic of it so far and the trims dont look so good!

al i know about this car is that it has a dent in the right front wing but i dont think its too serious

i am so excited! my dad thinks i am so sad for joining this forum but i do not care, this car shall be good by the time ive finished with it!

Im quite interested in the nevada one's they have, i shall get them once im paid!

i only have a grainy mobile pic of it so far and the trims dont look so good!

al i know about this car is that it has a dent in the right front wing but i dont think its too serious

i am so excited! my dad thinks i am so sad for joining this forum but i do not care, this car shall be good by the time ive finished with it!

Yeah they look well alright actually. I'm just trying to keep costs down though, hence the budget ones :)

Dw, mines got a nice long to do list that should keep me entertained for a while :D

just a bit of a list ! hopefully mine won't be that long ! so far my list is to clean it inside and out, restore the bumpers to look new again and to check for rust, nowhere near as extravagant!

ill be doing little thinks, like putting new Speakers in and making it look alot better!

one big job might be trying to knock out the dent myself...don't know how well that will go !!

Haha i hate dents tbh. I'm not very good at filling them. Fibreglass work i'm fine at filling but not bodywork. Haha.

What year is it?

Its a 1997 R reg, 1.3i encore

heard its not the best engine in the world but i am not fussed, as long as it moves!

if i can't resolve the dent myself (hammers, blocks of wood etc.) then i might try and find an identical wing at a scrap yard

Not bolt on. Their welded. Ford wing design ftl.

Otherwise i'd do exactly that, as i really hate bodywork!

Don't worry, mines a diesel, i'd rather have your engine :P

Colour? Mines bright red with ghetto bumpers! Sorry, unpainted.

ah ok then, i shall just bash the living daylights out of them then!

mine is silver with black plastic bumpers, which looks ok. glad its silver, just a boring neutral colour

Lol silvers nice, then again im not a big fan of red tbh. It only looks good on a few cars and mines not one haha.

Be careful how much you bash it. You want it fairly near the original level then filler it over if worst comes to worst :)

Fiesta's rust better badly on the back wheel arches, mine had just started to go on my 2001 one. Something to look out on yours.

If you want a Haynes manaul for it, I have one but obviously its the 97-02 model MK4/Mk5 so not for my new car!

Lol silvers nice, then again im not a big fan of red tbh. It only looks good on a few cars and mines not one haha.

Be careful how much you bash it. You want it fairly near the original level then filler it over if worst comes to worst :)

i think i might just leave it !

Fiesta's rust better badly on the back wheel arches, mine had just started to go on my 2001 one. Something to look out on yours.

If you want a Haynes manaul for it, I have one but obviously its the 97-02 model MK4/Mk5 so not for my new car!

i am going to invest in one, try and sort out some potential problems myself :)

You can buy mine off me if you want. It's never been used! Bought it the day I passed my test, don't think I've even opened it!!

PM me if your interested.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club