Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Glass Compatability Between Estate And Hatchback?

Squarehead

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum so please be gentle with me - I'm a teacher by trade so cars aren't my strongest point.

I have a 2004 diesel estate with more miles on it than the Starship Enterprise

A lovely person put a brick through my passenger front window this afternoon and nicked the Satnav..

The biggest faff is of course replacing the glass - I'm far too tight to pay for new glass or to have a 12 year old from Autoglass come round and scratch the paint and damage all the trim whilst attempting to shoehorn new glass in.

I've been looking round eBay and a couple of scrapyard sites and whilst I can find plenty of saloon door glasses there aren't very not many for an estate.

Whilst the rear doors are very different, I wasnt aware the front doors were a different shape?

Are they actually different?

I've replaced glasses in Mondogs before but not on a Focus - anything I need to be aware of? - does the glass need bonding into the metalwork at all?

Looking on the bright side - Its the first time I've vacuumed the car in months...It was getting to the point I when I have to wipe my feet when I get out..

AND I found £1.17 under the seats..

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Jez

All sorted now - £10 from a breakers yard and a doddle to fit - all sorted in 25mins.

I just hope the !Removed! who nicked the satnav, flogs it for drugs and overdoses on them,,

Jez

Good to hear you got it sorted quickly :)

I wonder why people do it for the 40 quid they'll get for it. Madness

most the time drugs, alcohol or other additictions means that people have broken into cars for an extraordinary 25p! yes! 25p! I also had family a few years ago, had their car broken into for COPIED CD's - not even originals, but a copy / backup they made themselves, they found a particularly well known addict had been flogging them down behind the pub for about 50p each!