Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ford Mustang Uk Release! Who's Excited!?

jamesm182

As per the title who's excited!? I know I am! Anyone going to be placing an order? B)

post-45890-0-73701400-1381827943_thumb.j

As per the title who's excited!? I know I am! Anyone going to be placing an order? B)

Seeing all of them drive round will probably make me want one even more... Sadly not "rich" enough to get one. :mellow:

Seeing all of them drive round will probably make me want one even more... Sadly not "rich" enough to get one. :mellow:

I know the feeling. Do you think it will lose some it's appeal in the fact that there will be loads of them about?

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

I wish I could afford one to be honest, I would love one of these as a toy!

• Like 2

I know the feeling. Do you think it will lose some it's appeal in the fact that there will be loads of them about?

I don't think so (didn't happen with the Toyota 86 really), I think a lot of its success will depend upon how competitively they price it.

Oh well, I guess the Focus will have to do for now <_<

I don't think so (didn't happen with the Toyota 86 really), I think a lot of its success will depend upon how competitively they price it.

Oh well, I guess the Focus will have to do for now <_<

Hmmm I wonder how many of the V8 versions will be sold over here!?

As much as the V8 might be nice, I know being realistic I would only pick up something like a 2.0 Ecoboost.

I think that would be a great engine for the Mustang (in Europe at least), heck even a 1.6 Ecoboost might have a high enough output by then.

It needs to compete with the likes of the GT86/BRZ imo, not be stupid £30k+ for the basic model. I'd like it to be around the £25k mark.

Also the V8 will have silly road tax. At least at the moment if you buy an import V8 one you only have to pay something like £215 a year road tax as it's an import :D

• Like 1

:) we have to many corners for the Mustang haha , yes they are very nice and i'd love one if i won the lottery.

:) we have to many corners for the Mustang haha , yes they are very nice and i'd love one if i won the lottery.

I think the 2015 model is going to be much better suited to EU roads, put in a smaller ecoboost engine and it could be great fun round our country roads :D

• Like 1

Maybe we should all pitch in as a group, and buy one, and we can share the car on different days, etc.

I'll do the honors of testing it out for y'all, just be 100% certain its safe. It might take me a week or so though, as I obviously wouldn't want any one getting hurt. ;)

• Like 2

haha, Nice try Steve, but I have designated myself the forum's Stig (just now) and I feel that its my duty and life to ensure that all forum members are safe and sound (its part of the unknown, unwritten, unheard Moderator code of practice) which means that unfortunately I will have to put my life on the line to make sure your all safe.

Damn, I hate this job sometimes....

• Like 1

haha, Nice try Steve, but I have designated myself the forum's Stig (just now) and I feel that its my duty and life to ensure that all forum members are safe and sound (its part of the unknown, unwritten, unheard Moderator code of practice) which means that unfortunately I will have to put my life on the line to make sure your all safe.

Damn, I hate this job sometimes....

Haha I think management may have to squeeze in there first. You know, just to make sure it's safe for the moderators!! :lol:

• Like 1

hehe ;) and let the battles commence!

however, I think its safer that I take the fall on this one, if you and Steve had anything bad happen to you, who would update the forum? know all the passwords? I dont think we can take that risk. I am here mainly to move posts, stop swearing and look busy, I think I should definitely be the one to take responsibility and the risk!

at a mere 50,000 dollars, all we need to do is sell our own personal cars, lungs, kidneys or livers and club together to buy a fraction of a share in the car? whose with me?

this may be the only time we can permit for the sale of ones on body for pleasurable purposes in order to club together in this manner. Either that, or sugar daddy and pimp applications may need to be made :p

• Like 2

Oooh.

Can't wait to see the final design in all its shiny glory :D

I just hope they get the price point right, I am really going to want one, and I bet there is going to be a bit of a wait/queue!

Oooh.

Can't wait to see the final design in all its shiny glory :D

I just hope they get the price point right, I am really going to want one, and I bet there is going to be a bit of a wait/queue!

I hope they do well here so that they continue to sell them rather than it being a one time thing but I also hope they aren't too common! Not that I'm fussy or anything :lol:

I hope they do well here so that they continue to sell them rather than it being a one time thing but I also hope they aren't too common! Not that I'm fussy or anything :lol:

I think they need to aim for the Pug RCZ and GT86/BRZ price point.

Both are great value coupes, but I don't see one around every corner.

I think they need to aim for the Pug RCZ and GT86/BRZ price point.

Both are great value coupes, but I don't see one around every corner.

Very true! May tempt people away from the scirroco too!

RCZ is icky, icky, icky. Looks like a blimp that went limp.

I prefer the classic Mustang's if honest, just they're pricey somewhat.

• 2 months later...

For those saying it should compete with the brz/gt86 price wise, personally I think ford will be aiming more at the a5/3series/C class with the mustang as I've seen a rumour that there will be a large (3.0?) diesel, and size wise, it's not a small car, it's about the same size/ shape of the coupe variants mentioned above. A well spec'd A5 coupe 3.0 tdi can cost £45000 so I doubt the mustang will be cheap. Probably not in the 40-50K bracket but not far off.

That's my logic :P but may be wrong

The mustang has always been an affordable car though.

Just look at Ford.com and the price compares to a Focus ST.

Yeah I know where your coming from with the current generation being low prices for what you get, but think of all the re-engineering that's gone into this one as it's a new car from the ground up, plus the 'old fashioned' rear axle is cheaper than engineering the new Independent rear suspension, plus the cost of offering a RHD version. Plus European safety standards are a lot higher than the US, so with the focus ST it automatically met the US standards as it was designed in Europe.

All in all the cost of all the quality improvements will probably have knock on effects in price, both state side and other markets.

It's one of the reasons Ford hasn't bothered with a global conversion before.

I really wish it is going to be around £25-30000 but I doubt it will be