Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Fuel Filter

woody222

Hi, my 2012 focus zetec lost power whilst travelling at 60mph, managed to exit the "A" road I was on, turned car off and back on again and same issue after a few hindered yards, called out AA an he diagnosed fuel filter blocked, followed me 20 miles back to ford dealership (no further issues) both Ford and AA blamed supermarket fuel. Over a hundred pounds later and a replaced fuel filter and I'm back on the road, fingers crossed that it is now sorted.

I do find it hard to believe that a car just over a year and a half old with 16000 miles on the clock suffers from a blocked filter.

My thoughts are that to enable manufactures to get cars down to co2 levels which give the customer a £20 per year road tax bill they have to have such fine filters and Dpf's that quiet honestly they are not capable of surviving in the real world for any length of time.

supermarket fuels crap well known fact particularly on diesels every diesel owner ive known has issues with running from supermarket fuel once they change to decent stuff after a few tanks the cars healthy owning a petrol i can tell you it makes a difference powerwise

Did you have to pay out for this? or was it a warranty repair?

Paid £107, i had contacted Ford uk via facebook to complain they in turn had contacted the dealership and asked them to give me discount apparently it should have been about £170. apparently warranty only covers the fuel filter for the first year.

shame, but I suppose a discount is better than a kick in the ghoolies!

Well first tank of BP Ultimate today, so i will see how it goes.

I agree with Clive on this one, I find myself changing fuel filters on diesels quite often and do my own every 12 months or 20k miles.

I do find it hard to believe that supermarket fuel is the reason for your blocked filter, they are still required to filter their fuel at the pump and this is also inspected periodically to ensure it meets the standards.

It's all the junk they put in fuel to keep the Polar Bears happy.