Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ever Sucked In A Bird?

Lenny

Vicki dropped me to work last Wednesday,

And she must have been racing home for a cup of PG tips,

Sucked a bird in through the lower grill,

How to get it out without removing the grill or under tray for f s

. Image3801_zps29bc74ac.jpg

• Like 1

try two long screw drivers like a pair of chop sticks , but don't eat it afterwards :)

• Like 3

Pmsl....my bad....had to chase away a !Removed! cat trying to get the bird was afraid it was going to scratch my grill!!!

• Like 2

Pmsl....my bad....had to chase away a !Removed! cat trying to get the bird was afraid it was going to scratch my grill!!!

Certified !Removed! magnet now :lol:

• Like 1

try two long screw drivers like a pair of chop sticks , but don't eat it afterwards :)

:lol: thanks I'll cook it first,

Left a huge tipex stain on the intercooler

• Like 1

Nope, destroyed a steering rack and alloy dodging the cat though >_>

• Like 1

Nope, destroyed a steering rack and alloy dodging the cat though >_>

Ouch!

I rolled a mouse as he run across the road back when I had a starlet,

I was dead proud of myself because I was rolling 13" wheels at the time, they were only 2" wide track,

The chances of that 2" wide wheel meeting the mouse on cross impact at around 50-60mph :)

• Like 1

Leave the bird where it is, once it rots it'll fall out in bits :p

Got up the back end of a seagull a few months back, looked like a jet taking off from an American aircraft carrier.

• Like 2

Got up the back end of a seagull a few months back, looked like a jet taking off from an American aircraft carrier.

Did the same on the M4 going to Glasgow one evening with a 7.5 tonne ford cargo, the bird had 'Ford' imprinted on it's rear end from the light on top of the cab.

• Like 1

Years ago I had a pigeon hit my visor when I used to ride motorbikes.

At 70 mph it's no fun, my visor split in half and I got a face full of feathers and blood (thankfully not mine).

Rather nasty but could have been worse.

• Like 1

Fortunately I have never had this expierience, however would the bird slide in front of the intercooler and onto the engine drip tray?

Few years back my brother in law hit a big white duck, it was stuck between the grill and the radiator with only it's head hanging out (was as dead as a door nail).

Only damage was the grill, he left it in for about a week (yes he's a bit strange......) but at that point you could find his car only using you're nose so he finally removed it! (Was in summer so it didn't take long to develop a distinct odor ;) )

Hit a dove last year myself, doing 130 km/hr it hit dead on my right headlamp, big explosion of feathers but no damage at all. Must mention it wasn't the Ford i was driving, it was my Mercedes with glass headlights, don't think the Ford's light would have survived though.

To my surprise,

A local cat has been success full in extracting the bird from inside the grill :lol:

No sign of it in there now at all,

And Vicki saw the cat at it the other day and chased it away but he must have returned,

MAD!

If it was the same cat he must have smuggled himself in the under carriage for a 90k trip just for a bird lenny (bray cats are picky tho)....someone wasn't LISTENING ...have to go get your naughty step out again

If it was the same cat he must have smuggled himself in the under carriage for a 90k trip just for a bird lenny (bray cats are picky tho)....someone wasn't LISTENING ...have to go get your naughty step out again

Ah all I know is there was a bird in the grill

You said a cat was eyeing it up,

And now the bird is gone,

Did the cat take it,

I'm guessing it did,

I didn't know the cat was from bray, surprised the exhaust is still on the car knowing them,

Lenny, just make sure you haven't had a really suspiciously small chicken sandwich in the last couple of days. :d

• Like 1

Lenny, just make sure you haven't had a really suspiciously small chicken sandwich in the last couple of days. :d

Pmsl ...thanks for the idea clive ...the fairy liquid mite come out yet if he keeps bad mouthing my home town

• Like 1

Driving along a road just on the outside of Hellifield, North Yorkshire. I saw a pheasant on the side of the road. I said to myself "Don't you dare cross the road" and it did!!!

I drove over it and saw it doing the rolly polly along the road, it stopped with its wings flapping about.

Stupid bird...

I should have stopped, put it out of its misery and took it home for tea! And kept its feathers for fly tying.... oh well.

My friends that do fly tying reckon that pheasant wings cost a bomb.

Just as a general note, If you hit game on a road then pick it up technically that's classed as poaching, if you pick up something someone else has hit then that's roadkill and legal to pick up.

• Like 2

Just as a general note, If you hit game on a road then pick it up technically that's classed as poaching, if you pick up something someone else has hit then that's roadkill and legal to pick up.

The number 1 reason I bough a second car ;)

Pmsl ...thanks for the idea clive ...the fairy liquid mite come out yet if he keeps bad mouthing my home town

She's put fairy liquid in a bottle of coke before :(

Tell your mates to try Lathkill, Cookshill or Wharfedale Angling Classics ( My father and I know the people who run this business and they are quality products!)

They don't cost that much.