Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Big_dom91

What Service ?

Right so its the time of the year again where the car needs its service but what service should i get the last one was an interim service so dont want to be getting ripped off paying extra money if its basicly the same stuff that will be getting changed

Cheers peeps :)

most of its checks i do the pollen filter myself every year plugs etc leave them to do the dirty work like oil and filter and check the gearbox oil ford etis will let you print out a service schedule

Its only coz i thort if i get the oil,air,fuel and pollen filters and spark plugs changed im not paying excess amount because its the advised service because they charge differently dont they i.e first,sec an third service so they wont be getting to much money from me haha

Doing the air+oil filters and oil change yourself can be very cost effective; e.g

Focus Mk2.5 1.6Tdci 5yr interim service at a Ford dealer should have cost £177, but I did the oil+air filters and the oil change myself. The result was the service cost £83, which after factoring in what I paid for the bits meant I saved about £60.

N.B. I asked about the service cost before I let them know I'd done some of it myself. :rolleyes:

interim normally is every 1 and 2, then third is normally full service. perhaps as the ST is an untamed beast it needs the extra lovin'?

Isn't that the same pattern as what I just said? :lol:

I thought it was but your third year read as if they did a major and a minor together? where you said "an an interim service every year" :p

now either I am drunk (unlikely) or just too tired (much more realistic) that the way you said it, is not the way my eyes and brain interpreted it :p