Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St170 Xenon Headlamps

Moz1985

My ST170 doesn't have factory Fitted Xenon Headlamps, so i dont have self levelling or headlamp washers, can i still fit them legally without all that as i dont fancy cutting my bumper etc for the washers? Or If Not, can anyone reccomend some xenon look halogen bulbs that actually are a blue/white colour?

Thanks

Moz

If you fitted the factory xenon headlamps then they would not be legal without self levelling and headlight washers. Your other option would be to but a second hand bumper with the washers already in but it would still be a pain and a lot of work to get it legal and correct. There are loads of different bulbs out there available as and upgrade. I am about to test and write a review on Ring Xenon Ultima 120% bulbs so keep an eye out for that and you will be able to see my verdict. :)

What would be worse law wise, fitting the xenons without washers etc or fitting philips diamond vision or crystal vision bulbs?

Thanks

Moz

Anybody? Would be much appreciated

Thanks

Moz

Fitting the xenons. If you use Philips uprated bulbs or another reputable brand like osram or ring then they will generally be perfectly legal as long as they are 55w.

How much work would it be to fit xenons legally to my car as im starting to wish i bought a st170 with xenons already, as i like the look of them and the headlight washers, wouldnt ford be able to fit them? Or could i pay a garage to fit everything legally? Or is it so much work its not worth it? Or is it easier that i have a 170 already?

Also while im here is a bluefin remap worth it on a 170?

Thanks

Moz

• Like 1

A garage can retrofit it for you but it wont be cheap, looking at nearly £1000 if not more

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club