Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium-A Few Issues

olij723

Hi,

I am new to the forum so go easy on me. I recently purchased a 2009 fiesta titanium which i am loving at the moment but there a few things i could use some help with.

• First off when ever i try to listen to anything on AM frequency it is quite crackly. does everyone have this problem with a fiesta or is this just my car and how can i improve it??
  • Next, when i link my iPhone up to the bluetooth when ever i make/receive a call i have to click on 'ford audio' which can be quite tricky if the phone is in my pocket or in the cup holder while driving. is there anyway around this?
  • This also leads me onto my next point which is if you do have to select 'ford audio' every time is there a iPhone cradle available that is close to the auxiliary port so i don't have a massive wire going all round the car.
  • Unfortunately i forgot to check if the car had a USB before i bought it and unfortunately it doesn't. has anyone found a way to retro fit a USB?
  • Finally, On my last car after you drove away the doors would lock automatically i have so far noticed with my fiesta i have to manually lock it every time. is there a way to change this?

Sorry if i have put this in the wrong place but any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the forum myself but i'll try to help you out as best I can!

1) The crackle you mention on the AM frequencies, i've never personally heard a non-crackly AM radio station so i'd assume that was normal, unless of course it's an unbearable amount of crackle.. Although if your FM stations are working correctly you'd assume it's not a radio tuner problem.

2) I know that iOS7 is now out, so these settings may differ, but you used to be able to follow these instructions to change the default device that calls are made through: http://www.imore.com/how-set-default-call-answer-mode-iphone

3) The only cradle i've had for a phone is the cup holder! haha

4) It's completely possible to add a USB connection, and there's probably a guide somewhere on the forum. I'm not fully clued up on this though, as i've only ever had Fiesta Zetec's and they've always come with USB... not sure why the Titanium wouldnt?!

5) As for the auto locking, this isn't a feature on any Fiesta's as far as i'm aware. I've owned a 62 plate Zetec and a 13 plate face lift one, and neither of them did it! Seems like a feature that many cars have... My Mum's Mini has it, and a friend just picked up a 2003 Clio which also has it! pretty sure it's as easy as a bit of software being added.. oh well!

Hope I was of some help, and hopefully more experienced people can fill in the gaps I missed! :)

Thanks for your help. Regarding the AM frequency the only reason i ask was because it was far better on my 2003 clio(which is why i mentioned about the auto locking) but hopefully i will be able to work something out.

i will give those changes ago on my iPhone, if it does work then it would be a massive help to me.

Regarding USB i think all Titaniums 2010 onwards have USB but i just got a bit excited when i saw the car and forgot to check for a USB.

Thanks again :)

Thanks for your help. Regarding the AM frequency the only reason i ask was because it was far better on my 2003 clio(which is why i mentioned about the auto locking) but hopefully i will be able to work something out.

i will give those changes ago on my iphone, if it does work then it would be a massive help to me.

Regarding USB i think all Titaniums 2010 onwards have USB but i just got a bit excited when i saw the car and forgot to check for a USB.

Thanks again :)

Not a problem glad I could help! If those instructions don't work on your iPhone then i'm sure they will just be hidden in a different menu somewhere, I doubt they would have got rid of the feature.

As to the USB query, I'm sure that it's very easy to get your hands on the little rectangular module that has got your AUX input in it, which also has USB.

The one problem I can see you facing with this is that there might not be anywhere for it to connect to, although as far as I knew the USB controller was bundled with the bluetooth module (which is located in the passenger footwell)

I'll do some research and let you know if I find anything!

Have you considered installing DAB to help with your AM radio issues? A few of the sports channels are available on there and they're crystal clear. We've used these guys before and they're pretty good value and their solutions are great!

http://www.justconnectme.co.uk/dab-car-radio-for-any-car/?utm_campaign=autoclubs-INV-374-1&utm_source=Autoclubs&utm_medium=Forum-Gateway&utm_content=Forum-Section

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club