Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacer Saver Or 16 Inch Steel Rim

Tony Stark

My wife has just acquired a 2010 Cmax Zetec 1.6 petrol which arrived with the dreaded tyre repair kit. After some research in the last day or two the options seem to be the 125/85 R16 space saver or a full size 16 inch wheel.

Clearly the full 16 inch rim is a little too tall for the spare wheel well in the boot. How has anyone else got around keeping the boot floor level?

I've been looking at tools kits for a Focus and Mondeo models with the jacks included. Would either of these be compatible with the Cmax to match up with the Spare wheel option?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks.

You should be able to get a floor raiser kit in essence. A foam kit that makes a wheel sized hole in the middle of the boot and then you lay a boot liner on top of it, from Ford, they are rather expensive, but if ford sell them, you should be able to find them online.

Not sure how well the Focus kit fits the CMAX

Mine came with a repair kit. I sold it on eBay :)

I then got a 125/85 R16 spare wheel from eBay (found one local) then went to my local breakers yard for a jack and wrench (doesn't have to be Ford, there universal). If your lucky you may find a spare wheel at a breakers yard but none of the fords had any. Lots of other models did though

Think it cost me £30 in all and I got £18 for the repair kit believe it or not

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club