Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Boot Light

GillyShack

Howdy!

I'm wanting to add an extra boot light to my LED'd MK7 2011 Fiesta, easy enough job!

Just wondering if anyone knows what light holders are the same ad the ones they use in the mk7 fiesta's? I'm sure the mk1 focus' are the same?

It's Just for getting a replacement at a scrapyard as they have every other fiesta/focus but the mk7 fez!

Thanks for reading my essay!!

X

Something like that it's probably the same in them all can't imagine ford making different ones for each car

Nah that's not Ford's game!! Haha

Aye was gonna take a trip to the scrappies you see and didn't wanna pull loads of wrong bulb holders with me!! Haha.

Was contemplating selling them with a wee wiring kit to make a 2nd boot light? With not a lot of profit like :D haha. We shall see! Safest thing would be to take it with me, or a picture a least! Haha!

5AA547A2-EDF5-4762-95D9-FBD738EFBDF9-849

The above light holder is off a mk6 2002-2008 not sure if it will be the same as te mk7? I have loads of them wired into my car lol.... One in each front footwell, one on the underside of both doors, one on each B pillar and an extra one in the boot :-)

Nice one! Aye looks the same!

Dude! That's just asking for pictures!! Show me!

60CDC488-2E7E-425A-B140-208CEF505AE4-124

3D94BDB9-2B51-4663-A100-8B5932097DC4-124

801A8315-9D3D-4147-B4DE-0F7EC1434F87-124

8E626EA1-4C40-47B4-9C55-69C4819C5BC2-124

C4BBA52E-B132-4751-A9BF-8C672FBBCEA9-520

E82DF39A-8326-4662-94C0-2D323D3C952E-849

Loads of lights lol.... Probably a bit ott but they all do serve a purpose lol.

Where did you wire them to? The courtesy light? With the same wire for one fuse?

I had fun at the scrappies!! :D

To answer my question! Fords use the same boot light on mk5 fiestas, mk6 fiestas, the mighty fusion and Focus's! Lol

post-40141-0-20140000-1382162339_thumb.j

Haha that picture looks the very same as my last visit to the scrappies :-D

Ok to wire them I ran a wire from the courtesy light along the headlining and down the (passenger side) A pillar, behind the glovebox into behind the centre consul, wiich is where I wired in both foot well lights, I took a branch off each side ran them along each door scuff trim then up the B pillar. The puddle lights under the door card was a bit trickier, had to remove the door card to secure the wiring then poked it through the multi plug beneath the door hinge then soldered it behind the dashboard.

The boot light was simple.... Just ran a wire from the existing boot light, along the boot trim and up into the opposite side.

They have been in around a year, with no problems whatsoever, there was no need to add a fuse, although it would be simple enough to add one if you thought it necessary. Hope this helps answer your question.

I'm sure I took pics when I fitted the puddle lights, I might put a guide together, if you or others think they would use it? :-)

Depending on which model mk7 you've got the The footwell lights might already be there just with no lamps in mine where think they did this on the Zetec s and titaniums but it's a bit hit and miss

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club