Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Focus 1.6 Tdci Titanium

womble68

Hi there in need of help so any info would be greatly received,i have a 2008 focus 1.6 tdci titanium about 2 months ago went out to car and wouldn't start said engine malfunction, tried a few times and car restarted and not had any probs since until yesterday same thing happened so called out green flag they couldn't help to indentify problem because their box couldn't communicate with the car but has it was running again they said see how it goes anyway thought i'd put it into garage that does work on it for a diagnostics check but they couldn't help because it came up with over 10 fault codes and they couldn't tell what may be causing the problem I got chatting to an old boy there and he said he thought it could be a fuse box problem because of the intermitten nature I drove back no problems checked the fuse box in engine bay and sure enough there was evidence of water dirt ingress so disconnected battery tried cleaning it up the best I could gave it a spray with some electrical spray replaced fuses and now the car won't even start just comes up on dash with transmission malfunction, i'm guessing that the problem is still in the fuse box unless anyone a another thought... how hard are they to take out so I could see the underneath and see if there is even more corrosion than I could see from above as said any help appreiciated

Is it an auto or a manual? I got transmission failure when my auto fuse blew, or, if you have TORQUE or a similar method of communicating to the car open as you start the engine, this can throw some odd errors.

OK so engine malfunction, Manual gearbox, is that 12v with engine off? engine on (no load) or engine on (all electrics on)?

right just been tinkering got car running when I try to start it just beeps and says engine malfunction but I put a jump pack on and car starts fine, while running take test pack off and after about 10 seconds warning beep and says engine malfunction so turn off connect jump pack back up and start again leave jump pack connected for a minute or two and everything fine take pack off and malfunction again .. on test meter 14.4 volts coming to the battery when under load lights heater rear screen front screen goes down to 12.6 - 13 volts .. battery seems to hold charge ok but wondering if its the battery that's playing up and effecting the engine management or could it be the alternator ?

it's entirely possible it's a faulty battery but certainly not a standard example of a failing one, have you got a friends battery you can borrow?

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club