Hi everyone. I'm new here so if I don't format this right please be patient.
I have a Mk III 2.0 TDCi with 109000 on the clock. Bit slower than normal to start for the last couple of weeks and today while I was doing 30mph the engine died. Managed to get in to the side and up on curb.
- She won't start.
- Glow plug illuminates and extinguishes normally but flashes while I try to start the engine
- Engine warning light is off except when key being turned
- She tries to start up but doesn't catch
- I had some issues last year with the glow-plug lamp coming on and off and not even trying to start but these were cured by blanking out the EGR.
- Tank is half-full and hasn't been topped up recently
- I have checked for anything loos or any obviously damaged cables but don't see any
I tried to find similar issues on the forum and some have suggested it could be the cam sensor and I'll try to pick one of these up on Monday. Is there anything else I should be thinking about that could be swapped out relatively easily by me with the help of a (more mechanically minded) friend??
Thanks for the help.