Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foc Destop App - Windows

Preee

Sick of the rain so i decided to have a play around and make a FOC App for windows , my first attempt at this haha.

Made in VB , this is a quick link program for FOC , if people like it i will try and see what else can be done , so any idea's or addition please speak up.

FOC.jpg

• Like 2

Nice idea there preee! I look forward to a fully integrated app that downloads the content and doesnt need a browser, I could then run the app and stop people nebbing at my internet history in the office :p

I too would like to see this developed further into a standalone app.

Nice work so far though :)

I have got a little further , i have now managed to open a login dialog and a browser inside a window , from there i have added the ability to login. not easy to find the correct strings inside IP.Board for the signin button maybe Steve might know that one. It should be (.input_submit) , but for some reason the code i have tried and tested does not go that last step :( although pressing the enter key then log's in and you can run the webpage through the program window (don't know if that still keeps history or not Jeeb).

So i'm looking for more idea'a or website's i can add to it, and if anyone knows how in initiate the (enter) function instead of using the Submit key.

My second attempt at website signin, using HTML elements seemed to work until it returned "Fields empty error" , so after it inserted the username and password it would not TAB forward and enter. So for the moment my first option semi works without an error at least.

I have also placed the main screen "ontop" and can't decide if i should use the login window as the browser or close that window and use the browser itself , i would rather use the browser , but i could change all the links to work inside the the Signin window if we wanted.

So ideas and sugestions please and i'll give it a try.

For anyone one interested Visual Basic 2012 is a free download from Microsoft.

post-22424-0-49641800-1382385615_thumb.j

Looks good preee it's a nice side project!

Ok version V1.0.2 :)

Now i have this all setup in it's own Browser window.

Sign In works

All internal Links work

External Links open a new browser

Again , if anyone has more ideas or links they want adding let me know.

Let me know what you think FOCv1.0.2.zip

post-22424-0-12912200-1382802680_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, reminds me the days of programming in VB6 lol.

Good effort mate. By the way, if anyone gets a virus alert, its a false positive. :rolleyes:

Ah, reminds me the days of programming in VB6 lol.

Good effort mate. By the way, if anyone gets a virus alert, its a false positive. :rolleyes:

It was my first attempt lol , but it works thats the main thing :)

Nice work there Preee. Maybe you can do something with my website when you've finished.

Continues to look good mate!