Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 Rear Suspension Design Height

williamweb

Hi everybody, just replaced both suspension control arms and springs on my focus but didn t bother with setting the correct design height of 113mm as said in manual.I can t feel any difference in the feel of the car apart from sometimes the rear seems to slide sideways but that could be me looking for problems.I ve also fitted polybushes.How important is it to set the correct design height?I m thinking of taking it all apart and doing a proper job :rolleyes:

Is the vehicle an estate or hatch as I only know that the hatch has adjustable rear toe on those suspension arms so you may need this looking at, search hunter pro align dealers to find a place that has the 4 wheel 3d imager system.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it s a hatchback .I think a visit to my local Ford dealer to look at the tracking is a good idea. Should I go ahead with setting the correct design height first or not bother?

Don't take it to ford, on a car that age it's not worth paying the over inflated hourly rate, go to a well recommended garage in the area that has the 3dimage equipment as the old laser system isn't ideal for rear end alignment.

Thanks for that. I ve looked around for a Hunter alignment centre and found one about 20 miles away, so I ll take a drive out. I ve taken some measurements and the rear is travelling about 4cm higher than it should be ,i don t think this is a big deal. If I had to the suspension again, then yes I would look at the design height, but as for taking it apart and compressing those pesky springs,i don t think so. Thanks again.

Just to let you know, i took my car into a Hunter alignment centre and what an improvement, no more rear end skating.

Next on the to do list is two new rear tyres.