Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2013 Tourneo Connect Mpv

diesel10

So I visited 3 different Ford dealers yesterday, they where all as useless as each other.

The first one was particulary rubbish, peoples.
I go in to the big showroom and ask a sales assistant 'hi, I am informed Ford have a new Transit Tourneo Connect coming out in December but this time it will be a proper MPV like the Fiat Doblo or Citroen Berlingo Multispace. Can I get some details about pre ordering one please?'.
Their response 'hang on sir, I will get someone from our commercial department to deal with you'
My reply 'but this time its not a commercial vehicle, its a passenger vehicle .When I brought a Citroen Berlingo Multispace I spoke to the car sales assistant at the Citroen dealers, not the van sales assistant'.
Their response 'your misinformed sir, the Tourneo is a commercial vehicle'.
My reply 'yes, the current one is but the new one is being sold as a proper passenger vehicle, a MPV'.
Their reply 'well I don't know anything about it so I cant help you'.
My reply 'its on the Ford website, its been in the motoring press'
There final reply 'well I haven't heard of it, do you want to speak to a commercial salesman?'
my final reply 'no'.

Thinking it was the classic useless peoples customer service (who needs customer service when you sell that many cars), I drove to another 2 Ford dealers nearby and had a similar experience albeit they both knew about the new Tourneo Connect but not much.

Anyway,
some questions.

1. When is the new Tourneo Connect expect in showrooms to test drive?
2. When is the new Tourneo Connect available to pre-order?
3. Which is the engine to go for? I am doing 11,000 miles a year. I don't want a diesel as I don't do the miles and don't want the hassle of DMf, DPF, injector, turbo, etc failure.
I also don't trust the longevity of the Ford eco boost 1.0 and 1.6 engines. They are still unproven and the feedback is they can suffer turbo issues if not cooled down properly and the MPG is nowhere near the Ford claims (although that's expected).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Unfortunately, the majority of us here are personal car owners sir, I am afraid the vehicle you speak of is nothing more than a commercial vehicle so we cant help you I am afraid....

just pulling your leg! :) Welcome along, but on a serious note, we have recently just opened up a transit section in hope of attracting more knowledge on the transit and the connect, however, at the moment we are limited in what we know.

As to when its hitting the shelves, I couldnt say, I think your best bet would be to email Ford Customer Services directly and get the word from the horses mouth, unfortunately I cant think of anyone who has recently been looking for a new 'new' van so cant even say "ask bob". To be honest though, from what you have said, if you have been advised that December is the date (presuming that is not only accurate, but isnt allowed to slip by Ford) I would say the next few weeks, as normally they like to have 4 - 6 weeks available for the test driver and also the pre order system. However, given your so far loss of luck in speaking with the personal salesman, I would suggest speak with the corporate sales bloke. As much as it isnt corporate only, they may be more in the loop than the bloke who is selling the KA style.

To be honest, for the miles your doing, and the lack of trust of the likes of the 1.0 and the 1.6 your probably best looking at the upper end, so the 1.8 and the 2.0. its the easiest way to proceed I think, they are more bulletproof than the lower end, but they can cost more in fuel, but if your lugging any heavy weights in the back of your MPV Van, then you would still probably benefit from more oomph of the upper end engines.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response; I will take your advice and contact Ford corporate.

If you go to the Ford site,

you can see the list price and brochure

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/FutureVehicles/Tourneo-Connect-Pre-Launch

Only available with -

1.0 petrol turbo

1.6 petrol turbo

1.6 diesel

Was thinking of going with the diesel purely for the re-sale value although I may take a visit to diesel bob and have the DPF removed.

As you can see from this link, its definatly a MPV

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Tourneo-Range

The same way the Citroen Berlingo Multispace is a MPV based on a van and the Peugeot Partner Tepee is a MPV based on a van (and the equivalent Fiat, Vauxhall, VW, Dacia and Renault).

Always had these van based MPV's, I find they offer tremendous value for money and superb practicality.

Looking forward to Fords 1st attempt (the current Tourneo connect is only sold as a commercial combi van).

Certainly looks like a step up for them, hopefully though corporate can help advise you. I think diesel for retail value is good but not if your doing only a few miles and keepin it for a year or two

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

sorry I cant help with what your asking but I do like the look of that

Was near a dealers today so had a word.

Again, they knew nothing about it but went away and researched, said expect it a few months after the van comes out which is late December.

He said it should be out in time or the new 14 plate.

Well I suppose at least this dealer did research before throwing you out a pack of tosh!

Got to say, I have been very unimpressed with Ford dealerships in my brief experience.

Confirms what a lot of my friends say about them being useless.

It does seem to be reinventing the family MPV van!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club