Jason2772

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2003

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the other day my drive belt started to fray, it subsequently got tangled round the lower pulley and snatched the timing belt. After replacing both belts looks like it's trashed the engine as now it's very flat and total loss of power. Be warned the drive belt cost £12 and so for my questions: I've purchased a replacement engine, same year and same spec complete with all ancillaries. Mechanics part is no problem but the electrics/ ecu bit is worrying me. What parts do I need to keep original from my trashed engine ref sensors, pumps etc to avoid any kind of remapping? I just want to take the old one out, swap the bits round and bolt a new one in and have it run. Any advice would be much appreciated. Old mechanic, new cars are a bit complicated!

Thanks,

Jason

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

I would have thought that if you keep the old ecu that's all you would have to keep electronic wise, if you use the one on the new engine you will have to get the immobiliser transponder reprogrammed and the keys done, I'm not 100% sure but I can't see why simply attaching the old ecu to the new engine will cause a problem.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiestaengine, mk6, replace, swap, change, engine change, 1.4tdci, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users