Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Chris398398

Focus Zetec S Footwell Lighting

29 posts in this topic

It is possible to fit a 3way switch

1. Being auto on/off with the interior light

2. Off on all occasions

3. Being on when you switch on parking lights etc.

This way you can have I both ways and switch it off,

Cops will do you at a checkpoint if you have foot well lighting active while driving,

higgsy likes this

Cops will do you at a checkpoint if you have foot well lighting active while driving,

If the lights are classed as too bright and therefore distracting then that can cause problems, if they are quite subtle and not dazzling then they can be classed as 'ambient lighting' then you should be ok.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Lenny likes this

mine are via the courtesy light and theres a few reasons 1 is pc plod was not happy when they were on permenant second the leds produce a lot of heat and if on all the time burn out quickly and 3rd its a bit pointless as i have the door handle leds which are legal and a bit better

Its been a long time, just to let you all know I finally got round to installing lights in my car. Completed a few months ago, just havent had the time to do it nor post on here. I would like to point out that although it looks purple the colour is actually blue, but still looks pretty cool in the photos B) .

photo 1

photo 2

I did end up splicing into the overhead light, I actually worked out that there is a 2 negative feeds and a positive going up to the light. One of the negatives is always there and is used for when you use the switch to turn the light on and off, the other negative becomes live when you unlock the car or open any of the doors. So i therefore ran 2 wires down from the light, one spliced into the negative door feed the other spliced into the positive feed. I had them go into a 3 way switch along with a always live negative that I connected to the cars body. Therefore I have the choice to either have the lights come on automatically with the overhead light or switch it over so that the lights were always on. O and I added a dimmer switch so I can dim the brightness if I wanted too :) Thanks for all the advice everyone !

photo