Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Think Dpf Is On Way Out

marklord83

Car wouldn't rev past 2k after going shop,so limped home and plugged my obd reader in and came up saying dpf sensor a, so took it on a hard drive for about an hour after half hour I cleared the code and give more stick and it seemed ok again, cars done 108000 now on original filter and this last month or so, I've only been doing a few mile trips to work as I've moved, and to lazy to walk lol, so I'm hoping I've cleared it again but now I'm thinking of having a dpf delete done, has anybody else done this and has there's been ok, cars a 2.0tdci focus 07, cheers chaps

There are a few who have had it done, and to be honest, theres nothing to worry about. If you have no warranty then they just remove the hardware and then do a remap on the ECU to remove any trace of the DPF's existence.

To get 108k off the original, I must say I am impressed! but its on borrowed time now!

Ive had my dpf internals removed and remapped,

Not a bit of smoke I highly recommend it aswell as egr blanking

More power and more mpg from both

I've had a quote of 300 quid to have it opened bits smashed out and remap not to bad

I've had a quote of 300 quid to have it opened bits smashed out and remap not to bad

With the exchange rate from sterling to euro mate,

Mine cost around the same as you were quoted,

And you can blank the egr yourself

I recommend fitting a direct fit performance panel filter after egr blank to compensate

The engine sucks more fresh air when egr is blanked because it doesn't suck from the exhaust anymore

Cool I'll do that I think, im sure I can here a bit of a rasping noise maybe back pressure?

• Like 1

Cool I'll do that I think, im sure I can here a bit of a rasping noise maybe back pressure?

With the dpf internals in place there will be a build up of pressure coming from the turbo to the dpf chamber,

The fumes are then forced through the dpf chamber,

This creates a lot of pressure on your turbo compressor wheel as its pushing out more than the dpf can accept,

This is perticuraly noticeable under heavy acceleration you will feel the car sink with torque then stop then sink then stop as if its gasping then blowing,

Removing the dpf internals relieves back pressure,

If you were to fit a 2.5" exhaust from flexi pipe to tip this would relieve all back pressure in your system,

Along with egr blanking, performance induction panel filter and dpf internal removal your looking at an increase of around 15-20bhp no turbo lag and an increase of as much as 1.2mpg depending on how easy you drive it.

At the moment I'm not raving over 1500 rpm just so I don't put mush pressure on the turbo, just looking forward to driving it and not worrying all the time thinking when it's going to stop lol and the guy who does it says he gives lifetime warranty on the software upgrade which is good

• Like 1

At the moment I'm not raving over 1500 rpm just so I don't put mush pressure on the turbo, just looking forward to driving it and not worrying all the time thinking when it's going to stop lol and the guy who does it says he gives lifetime warranty on the software upgrade which is good

I know the feeling well mate,

I've been there worrying about turbo failure, do fluid etc,

And mines the dreaded 1.6tdci

Fun part after you get it done is;

Putting it in for service and waiting to see if they tell you your dpf fluid needs topping up :lol:

They won't know its been removed internally.

I told ford I had mine remapped and they said they couldn't tell at all,

They then took a standard 1.6tdci for a drive then mine, and said there is a difference but our system didn't detect anything different,

So they won't even be able to tell via diagnostic that your ford has been altered

Cool thing is I usual do everything myself so it's not to bad on my engine the fluid is easy to do im gonna have to check oil and hope diesel hasn't been getting in the oil, im sure I heard somewhere that the way Ford did the dpf was different to the pug ones and that diesel doesn't get in the oil

• Like 1

Cool thing is I usual do everything myself so it's not to bad on my engine the fluid is easy to do im gonna have to check oil and hope diesel hasn't been getting in the oil, im sure I heard somewhere that the way Ford did the dpf was different to the pug ones and that diesel doesn't get in the oil

Not sure on your motor mate,

My one was a ceramic DPF it doesn't use fluids or connect to any other engine part,

It was just a large honeycombe filter in the cylinder much like a large catylist.

Ahhha stupid things can't wait to get it off, I do short journeys in mine as of late and one longish trip a week so will do it good hopefully

• Like 1

Just an update: the guy who was supposed to come and do it didn't so taking it to a garage tomz instead and there gonna check it first to see how clogged it is before they do anything, funny thing is its been fine since but gonna get it checked.

• Like 1

Just an update: the guy who was supposed to come and do it didn't so taking it to a garage tomz instead and there gonna check it first to see how clogged it is before they do anything, funny thing is its been fine since but gonna get it checked.

If you wan my opinion mate,

I wouldn't spend money on finding out how clogged it is,

Because its operations are non essential for your car to function,

Id pay money to have it removed full stop, you can examine how blocked it is when they chip it out of the chamber mate,

If your going to be charged a mechanics hourly rate to examine your dpf filter condition then put it back in again because he's booked up today but that will be 70 pounds,

Come back next week, I'll remove it again and remove the internals for 350

Id try and avoid that as much as possible personally mate.

Here's how clear mine was,

But I still feel improvement with it gone.

IMG_20130914_190320_zps0337076e.jpg

On a side note,

I wouldn't stand near when there removing the internals,

Its got much the same properties as aspestos not fantastic stuff.

If he told you "drop down Tuesday and shir we will have a look"

I fear its going to be a two appointment two bill series

Well I went to the garage today to someone different and he said he was gonna have a look and check everything thing first, after a couple of hours he called up and said everything is fine dpf is clear enough injectors and sensors all working right, and he said he thinks I should just keep it as it is as it's not giving me any problems,so he charged me 30 quid and car feels fine, he said if it does ever go to call he's confident that it's still healthy lol, I also asked if I should delete egr and he said it won't do any harm being closed it's only when they stock open you have problems, I also said about a having a tuning box on it that I had just took off and he said that it probably did the dpf good, so looks like I'm gonna keep it on for now and save some penny's lol

• Like 1

Well I went to the garage today to someone different and he said he was gonna have a look and check everything thing first, after a couple of hours he called up and said everything is fine dpf is clear enough injectors and sensors all working right, and he said he thinks I should just keep it as it is as it's not giving me any problems,so he charged me 30 quid and car feels fine, he said if it does ever go to call he's confident that it's still healthy lol, I also asked if I should delete egr and he said it won't do any harm being closed it's only when they stock open you have problems, I also said about a having a tuning box on it that I had just took off and he said that it probably did the dpf good, so looks like I'm gonna keep it on for now and save some penny's lol

None of my business mate, I'm done :)

But id just like to know does it take eloys fluid or is it ceramic?

Eloys he did a check on everything for dpf including voltage of sensors temp senosrs exhaust pressure dpf pressure, injectors so I'm quite pleased saves me money lol I borrowed a courtesy car which was a Ford monde 2.0 tdci with 170000 on the clock and the engine felt like new