Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

DAN222

Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Zetec S - Bubbling Noise? -Help.

My ZS is now making bubbling noises when i switch of the engine in which seems to be coming from the brake fluid.

I dont brake sharply.

I was driving really slow as well on a short journey.

This has happened to me several times now.

It doesn't happen all the time - just now and then.

After 10 mins it dies off.

When you switch engine off and sit in the car you can hear it.

Anyone witnessing the same?

Any ideas what it is?

Cheers

im glad someone else is experiencing same as me.

do you think we should just leave it well alone then?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Its only happened a couple of times.

Turn off and wait and you'll often be treated to an amazing array of unusual noises. Don't worry though, it's normal :)

Mine does the same - if you open the bonnet and look at the coolant reservoir you can see small bubbles coming from the turbo return pipe as it cools. All normal.

Hi, the ecoboost has a electric water pump and this will continue to run for a while to circulate water around the turbo bearings. It might be this causing that noise...

Hi, really sorry to raise the dead (thread). But i've noticed that after a drive a gurgling/bubbling sound is heard from what seems like behind the drivers dash. It sort of gurgles, stops for a second, then gurgles again. This goes on for a while until i assume the temp goes down. Does this sound more like there's air in the system?

If you have the electronic temp. control it will be that gurgling, it is the pump resetting itself. Mine does it on startup for aprox. 3 - 5 seconds, it gurgles and slurps.

Electronic temp control? You've lost me! It only does it after a lengthy/hard drive but the engine temp on the dash is bang on in the middle. I can't hear it at start up.

If you have the electronic temp. control it will be that gurgling, it is the pump resetting itself. Mine does it on startup for aprox. 3 - 5 seconds, it gurgles and slurps.

lol I know the exact noise you mean there, mine does it for a bit longer than 5 seconds though, about 30 or so.

didn't know it was electric though, Still trying to find out how to change the cambelt on the ST and how frequent you have to do it. I bet it will be a horrendously expensive job with 90% of the time dedicated just getting to it.

Thats what ford tech guy told me not an hour ago while it was in for mountune.

I think the correct term is "EATC" that digital climate control.

lol I know the exact noise you mean there, mine does it for a bit longer than 5 seconds though, about 30 or so.

didn't know it was electric though, Still trying to find out how to change the cambelt on the ST and how frequent you have to do it. I bet it will be a horrendously expensive job with 90% of the time dedicated just getting to it.

I am guessing it will be a 10 year/100k job. It is best to do that before, but since your car is a 2013, I think you're fine.

I wont have the car that long

Will be ditching in a few years for a 135M, can just imagine loads of these up for sale in years to come all desperate for a belt change like most Renault sports as the owners haven't got the £800+ they need for the full job.

The ST also has VVT doesn't it, so I'd imagine that means some sort of Dephaser pulley on the cam wheel which will be mental money and need a belt jobs if it starts rattling away.

To be honest most twin cam engines go without belt changes unless they really need them because it costs so much, and the ones that have had them sell quickly. Just be glad it's not a V6 Audi A4 you have! They need belts frequently and the whole front dress of the car will have to come off! Lots of money. In my service schedule (the one that says when it needs major, minor services and when to do coolant and such) also lists cambelt and aux belt times. But I'll be quiet now, and not de-rail the thread any more. :)

Same here, but a boiling coolant reservoir seems to me like an error in the technical cooling system, to this ecoboost cars...