Show
Photo

How Is The Internet Changing Owners Clubs?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,574 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

What do you guys think the advantages are of using a proper forum rather than just a car club on Facebook?

Do you think it's an advantage having mobile access/apps on tablets and smartphones?

I personally think the design doesn't make much difference,
The forums or car clubs on Facebook only allow people to post information to be read by others, they don't provide other an home grown advice or experience,
A forum or message board, Facebook etc. There all like a mobile phone or email account,
They don't supply information themselves they are a tool which enables people to communicate with each other more easily
They are nothing without the people who use them and provide the information.

So bottom line for a forum
If the information is easily found and you have reliable members who can provide information to others then it works well
And people will come regardless of Facebook or forum,
If its the place where most information is being provided then that's where people will go.

The forum providing a downloadable app allowing people to communicate to each other more easily will grow a forum because those who are experienced can relay there information on the forum more easily and almost 24/7 further growing the forum as being the hub for information on a particular subject.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,717 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think a forum is essential!

"I need to find how to take my Focus and fix it, then I want to try and find a way to install sensors on it"... FOC - Focus then Focus Guides. Job done.

Go to facebook, and you could be rolling your mouse from now until the new year and still be no closer! So I think that for ease of use, the forum is essential. Its clean, its clear, and its got a vibe about it. Its more structured, and everyone knows where to go and most the time how to find it and it all moves orderly. With the likes of facebook groups, there is no real organisation, so its impractical to find what you need,

As for the app, again it just adds to the useability factor of the organisation.

#18 Gary3059

Gary3059

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 Ghia
  • Year: 2001

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

What ever you own a forum specific to that is vital in my opinion,no one knows the ups and downs of ownership more than owners themselves

generic forums still have there place,

i tend to look at it like this

owners forums = your local pub,everyone know everyone

generic forums = the bar you meet your mates on a Friday night,yes its a nice place to be but you limited to who you can talk to

forum apps = well they are just another comunication tool take it or leave it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users