Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch And Fuel Neck Severe Rust Problems.

fossilman

Hello everyone,

This is my first thread so please bear with me.

My 1999 1.3 petrol Ka clutch pedal fell to the floor but luckily I was outside my house and not on a motorway; I went under the bonnet to look for any obvious sign of leakage and could only find the fault by removing the battery and it's tray and the whole of the air filter box which revealed the fault,

The clutch hydraulic hose which connects to the slave cylinder had come away from it's housing. I know I need a new hose but please tell me I don't need to replace the slave cylinder as I know the gearbox has to be split to accomplish this.

My second fault is that the area of the petrol neck is severely corroded and I can't get the petrol cap off, not really a drama but the corrosion is so bad that I'm looking for any tradesmen that can carry out a repair as it will definitely fail an MOT.

Any help or advice will be very welcome.

Thank you

The KA has an integrated release bearing and slave cylinder, however from what I can see the connections for the slave cylinder should be on the outside of the gearbox, in which case gearbox removal shouldn't be necessary, I'll know more tomorrow in daylight when I've checked my daughters KA

Thank you Neil. I'll wait in anticipation of a cheap fix...................hopefully.

hi fossilman i would consider getting rid of car as you said the rust is bad around petrol cap and thats a fault with the design of the ka.

if you got rust there then you will morelikely have rusted out seals aswell so think had about if it's worth getting repaired or take to local garage to see what they recon to it passing a mot or what may need doing to consider if worth keeping car on the road

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club