• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Name: A
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta
  • Year: 2008

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Well he said I would be told lol :(.

How long should I wait before I know I'm clear?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

6 months as Stoney said, and he should know!

after 6 months you will probably be fine...

#18 mactell

mactell

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

6 months :o that's going to be horrible

#19 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Shouldn't have doubled the speed limit >_>

#20 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,475 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well he said I would be told lol :(.
How long should I wait before I know I'm clear?

Hi,
I've read the whole thread and I sympathise with you to an extent,
I men 23:30 at night the roads are more dangerous with pubs closing and people staggering home etc.
We all speed but keep I to motorways, I've driven on a provisional licence for 4 years with no full licensed driver,
I've broken the 100mph licence losing barrier many times before actually holding a licence
I was young and stupid, part of my life I had to complete, now for me its handling and mpg

But I must ask you about the above post,

Because you are currently free to drive and obey the rules of the road as always,
What would change if you found you were clear?
Haven't you learned a lesson and since began to obey the rules of the road 100% of the time?

Sorry but it does beg for the question to be asked.

Personally I think there gonna leave you hanging so you teach yourself to be more competent,
Speed if you want to but keep it to motorways you will get to know areas where you can and cannot,

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

I can see Lenny's point, its a lesson alright. I got blue lights flashed at me, I was doing the upper end of 110 on a motorway and an undercover pulled behind me and flashed his lights at me - scared the bajeebus out of me. Now, I wont say I never ever reach that direction of the speedo, I slip up, and I do on occasion speed (most of us do!) but I dont push my luck anywhere near as often or as much as I used to. Purely for the fear of those blue lights!

These things can be a hard life lesson to learn and thats with a positive outcome, I truely hope that you dont lose your license, but make sure if you do end up in front of a bench, you grovel! you apologise and enforce the idea that you have spent every waking moment since your incident regretting the stupidity of your errors. You have lost sleep because you have awoken from dreams where you were in the exact same situation and the worst happened, someone stepped in front of you and you killed someone. You tell them that the worst of it has slipped into reality and you have developed a fear that you would today be standing up not for speeding but death by dangerous driving, and that you cannot emphasise how stupid you were and how much you have learned from the experience.

Now I am not telling you this to help you "get off" with it, I personally have had this experience, I (touch wood) have not had to face the consequences of speeding, and have a clean license, and have had these dreams, I have had these moments where for a month after I was in fear of how my life would change should I have lost my license, and I can tell you - its horrific!

Since christmas eve last year, my speeding is barely existant compared to how I was before. I focus more on MPG than I do reaching dizzy heights of the speedo and think I have learned a great lesson from it, and I really hope that you do to.

On a serious note, you need to do a lot of reflection. I hope that you do learn from it and I hope you fill your boots with remorse and reflection because if you do end up in front of a bench, you will need every ounce of that to save your license and your wallet.

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,475 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I agree with jeebo,
If you wanted to use his example, you could go to your doctor, tell him the story,
He will prescribe you anxiety medication you don't need to take it, just be prescribed something.

Then if it does go to court,
You have medical records to support your story of anxiety and loss of sleep,
May help you get off

#23 mactell

mactell

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

What would change if you found you were clear? 

I would be !Removed! lucky if I was clear. I would defiantly stick to the speed limit around built up areas. Save the extra speed for motorways. Though I don't think I would go above 80mph now.

Haven't you learned a lesson and since began to obey the rules of the road 100% of the time?

Yes. Once being pulled over you realise how bad it is to speed and drive dangerous. I haven't gone quick since. 

#24 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Glad you have learned a lesson fella, this is why most counties offer speed awareness courses for those who speed a little. its better to educate than punish...

if you do end up in front of a bench, regardless of the result, ask if you could be placed onto a speed awareness course, as you have heard that it can further educate you to such dangers of speeding. The extra effort for you to learn more about the consequences of your actions will go in your favour...

#25 mactell

mactell

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yeah sounds like a good idea to me. I hope nothing happens as I need my car for work. Its just annoying waiting 6 months knowing I could get banned any time soon. I don't want to fill up my tank or do any more mods to my car. 

#26 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Its hard, but you can guarantee you will learn from the experience.

The more active you are the more you can prepare, so if needs be, contact your local station and ask if you can find out where the proceedings are, ask if there is anything you can provide to the case in order to expedite things... I know it sounds like signing your own death warrant, however, I understand that an officer has the right to drop a case, or his superiors do, the more you are seen to have learned from this and the more you can be seen to help them, then they may realise that you were just being daft and as such they may decide its not worth the hassle of trying to get you into the courts system and thus offer you an alternative penalty.

These are only maybe's but all you need is one maybe that they may bite and you could save yourself!

#27 GrahamJC

GrahamJC

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

You may not need telling but if you do end up in a magistrates court it is a best suit and tie job and if you do not have a solicitor to represent you and the magistrates ask you if you have anything to say, stand up and grovel - it really does impress them!

#28 L666JER

L666JER

Ford Fanatic

• FOC Supporters
  • 416 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3.5 Fiesta 1.1 LX
  • Year: 1995

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I once watched someone infront of the magistrates, who was possibly getting banned. He begged and said he needed the car for work. He got off and looked VERY relieved. Think he went on a speed awareness thing though.

#29 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 11,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Speed awareness is going to be a blessing in this instance I think!

Keeping fingers crossed for you mactel!

#30 GrahamJC

GrahamJC

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes. a letter from an employer may help as well, especially if the place of work is difficult to get to using public transport. as I said in my previous post, a suit and tie is important as it shows respect for the court. Jeans and a T-shirt is a no no!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users