Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Could You Share?

jeebowhite

all good intentions etc,but on another forum im on we discussed this very same thing.

what happens if the item doesnt come back?

what happens if from 1 member its sent back broken and they deny it?

what happens if the item fails when being used and injures someone?who is responsible?

sorry if you think this pees on your parade not intentional.

all good intentions etc,but on another forum im on we discussed this very same thing.

what happens if the item doesnt come back?

what happens if from 1 member its sent back broken and they deny it?

what happens if the item fails when being used and injures someone?who is responsible?

sorry if you think this pees on your parade not intentional.

Here's my views on this and there would need to be some sort of disclaimer.

First of all, for me I won't be sending anything out by post, so it would all be face to face.

Anyone lending out tools/equipment surely should be looking for a deposit, ID etc.

As far as failures/injuries go. IMO just like we do in the trade - the person renting out the equipment should be inspecting it and making sure it's all complete and free of defects and so on, secondly the person who has hired it should also be doing the same and refusing to use anything they are not happy with. Again, some sort of disclaimer that says you use any equipment at your own risk. I wouldn't give out any equipment I'm not happy to use myself.

• Like 2

I don't have a low loader to move the hunter machine about and my diag tools do not go out of my sight, I am sure there are enough members to cover the entire country really and if a tool is needed I am sure fellow owners of the tool would gladly give a hand if possible. :D :driving:

• Like 1

I have one of those multi tipped screwdrivers I bought from Sainsburys about 4 years ago if anyone needs one. :lol: ;)

• Like 3

I have one of those multi tipped screwdrivers I bought from Sainsburys about 4 years ago if anyone needs one. :lol: ;)

Oooh multi tip,

Ill diagnose which tip i require and get a loan of only it and the driver in order to save some weight on postage :)

• Like 2

Oooh multi tip,

Ill diagnose which tip i require and get a loan of only it and the driver in order to save some weight on postage :)

Mind tell the women in the post office what's in the package..

I sent a 1/2 ratchet first class today. Women in the post office said, because of the weight and size I need to know what's inside the bag. I couldn't help but think.. Mind your own business? Even if it was plastic explosive I'm not going to tell you am I?

• Like 2

Mind tell the women in the post office what's in the package..

I sent a 1/2 ratchet first class today. Women in the post office said, because of the weight and size I need to know what's inside the bag. I couldn't help but think.. Mind your own business? Even if it was plastic explosive I'm not going to tell you am I?

:lol:

Reminds me of two weeks ago,

I was packing up some angrybirds airfresheners and i used the cardboard box from a 19" suit case,

I had cut down the box to correct size and when completed there was a print saying 19"

So being funny i stuck a note saying "from lenny with love xxx"

When i got to the post office she looked at the box and asked if it contains batteries :lol:

I was going to say "why, are you going to try it out for yourself"

But i just laughed and said no, :)

• Like 3

Haha, I posted some wires and resistors the other day, guy felt it, asked what I was posting. Told him it was wires and resistors and see if he could guess why. He replied quietly... "as long as someone else is posting the half that makes the bigger mess that's fine with me".

I replied touche sir eventually told him it was a lot less exciting for making cruise control...

• Like 3

Haha, I posted some wires and resistors the other day, guy felt it, asked what I was posting. Told him it was wires and resistors and see if he could guess why. He replied quietly... "as long as someone else is posting the half that makes the bigger mess that's fine with me".

I replied touche sir eventually told him it was a lot less exciting for making cruise control...

:lol: combined with a Garrett GTX4088R that could be pretty explosive cruise control jeeb :lol:

You should have told him:

"if you do your job, and deliver the parcel on time then neither of us have a problem"

• Like 1

Touche lenny, I think your right I missed a trick there, might get him with it next time!

• Like 2

This must be their new policy then.. To ask what we are posting? Haha

• Like 1

My answers tend to vary depending on whether the counter staff have a sense of humour or not.

The descriptions vary from car parts to marital aids ;)

• Like 2

I was going to say, no matter what I post next time I would lean in and quietly whisper a battery operated man part!

• Like 3

I was going to say, no matter what I post next time I would lean in and quietly whisper a battery operated man part!

Send a mini jiffy bag for interesting look...

• Like 1

How about trying to send a cup of caster sugar? In a small, clear ziploc bag?

• Like 1

How about trying to send a cup of caster sugar? In a small, clear ziploc bag?

Shipping by air it would need to be in limited quantities, supplied with an MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and a misselanious goods decal stuck on it lol

Yes ive sat a DSG awarness course :lol:

So have I...sort of...International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG)

Admittedly, it's more about bulk and packaged cargoes...but just as throbbing, err...thrilling

• Like 1

So have I...sort of...International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG)

Admittedly, it's more about bulk and packaged cargoes...but just as throbbing, err...thrilling

Gotta love lithium or lipo batterys :lol:

Gotta love lithium or lipo batterys :lol:

Just don't blow them up in the house lol. great batteries and they give extreme power but a tad fragile

Ps. I've got about 50 of them in the dining room :lol:

• Like 1

Just don't blow them up in the house lol. great batteries and they give extreme power but a tad fragile

Ps. I've got about 50 of them in the dining room :lol:

:lol: i hope you leave a window open for ventilation and plan to disperse the load fairly quick lol

Saw pictures of trucks carrying them going on fire.

• Like 1

:lol: i hope you leave a window open for ventilation and plan to disperse the load fairly quick lol

Saw pictures of trucks carrying them going on fire.

Haha. I will only need ventilation when they go on fire lol.

We have had a few go on fire in the past. And as for those charging bags.. That went on fire too :lol:

• Like 1

We used to buy in loads of Lithium batteries (like the cells in laptop batteries), only had one from hundreds which caught on fire, "went up like a roman candle" as the boss says, lol.

Funniest thing, they were branded TrustFire. :lol:

• Like 1

We used to buy in loads of Lithium batteries (like the cells in laptop batteries), only had one from hundreds which caught on fire, "went up like a roman candle" as the boss says, lol.

Funniest thing, they were branded TrustFire. :lol:

Pmsl! The type in a laptop will be Li-ion? Considerably safer than a lipo but no doubt still a great fire out them lol.

• Like 1

Haha. I will only need ventilation when they go on fire lol.

We have had a few go on fire in the past. And as for those charging bags.. That went on fire too :lol:

:lol: my Alcatel phone gets very hot when im on here alot,

Flashes up on screen "battery temperature high please power off"

I just remove the back cover let it vent lol. And continue posting

Pretty cool death though,

Lenny has died due to his phone exploding just as he was submitting his ten thousandth post on fordownersclub :lol:

Be like the modern day Jesus Christ, killed by lipo battery due excessive preaching

• Like 1