Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan only works on top speed

TurboZed

Hi guys again!

On my Mk2 mondy, the fan only works on speed 4. Is there a resistor pack or summat that fails on them?

Hi guys again!

On my Mk2 mondy, the fan only works on speed 4. Is there a resistor pack or summat that fails on them?

hi there yes the resistor pack burns out, its located pasenger side on the heater box (high) normally white plastic about 3 inches by 2 inches held in with small torx bit screw with wiring plug on the front,somtime this plug melts aswell,check it out first before you go to the scrappy incase you need the plug aswell......

yep it will be the resistor, also check the wiring on the switch this can burn out to ....all this is usually down to a very dirty pollen filter putting extra load onto the fan motor...pollen filter is located under the n/s scuttle panel under the front windscreen.

Hi

There is a resistor in the back of the passenger foot well. That will be burnt out. It need a new resister pack and wiring loom.

Its held in by 2 screws. The new plug is not color coded. So you have to cut the plug off with an inch of wire left on it. Keep the plug for reference for when you wire the new the new plug in. It should come with a wiring kit. It is best to re solder rather than using the kit that they send.

Thanks for that guys, I'll get that sorted right away. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club