Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Itsonlymedave

Interior Colour Change.

10 posts in this topic

I am thinking about spraying all the silver trim on my interior piano black,and was wondering how the silver trim comes off the front door cards and the steering wheel?

From the door card handles get plastic trim remover and lever behind the top and just pull hard but gentle all the wy down don't be afraid...

The steering wheel I believe is held on with torx 25 screws x2 from the back an you have to pull it out and downward to remove fully hope it helps !!

Thanks for your post.

That helps a lot,are the door strips clipped on or are they glued on?

Once i have them off how would I reattach them once painted?

No they are just clips mate and they will just push back into correct position once painted do before and after picture please I'm thinking of this but I might leave a thin silver line around the edge of mine ??

Cheers mate.

Will be doing it over the weekend if I get time,so will post before and after pics.

No worries and ok awesome :)

Can't seem to find how to get the silver bits off the steering wheel to paint.

Can anyone help with a how to please?

gently prise it out with a flat head screwdriver, gently but firmly work your way around the outer edge.

Cheers that's perfect :)